Chapter 36

"I think a good step in the right direction would be to get her out of the apartment complex," Kiri said as he sat down with Katsuki and Izuku. Ochako wandered into the kitchen making some coffee, just about the same time (y/n) had gone to bed and Denki followed suit. "And get her maybe a date. She can only take so much of the cuddling at night before she begins to lose herself in this room from the memories."

"She's doing fine, the last time I let her go have a friend," Katsuki paused and glared scornfully at the wall. "Well look what it did."

Izuku grimaced, Katsuki was not wrong, but that was one time. "Maybe it's worth a shot." He suggested earning a glare from the blonde.

"He's right, both boys are right, she needs to at least make a new friend who can help her grow stronger." Ochako joined the conversation, setting her cup on the coffee table and falling back into the chair closest to the kitchen. "Iida, she's met him at least once or twice. Maybe start there." Ochako crossed her legs and sat straight as she placed her hand on her knees.

"He's respectable, friendly, strong, and knows the laws," Izuku said, helping the favor. "Seems legit, less likely to hurt our baby sister. I think that's a great place to start, Katsuki?"

"I'm not setting her up for failure again." Katsuki said, glaring at his phone and swiping through something. "I let my guard down last time and she got hurt, now it's personal."

"You can't hold her back anymore, bro." Kirishima said, defending her. "She needs to grow up and have a family, one little date with Iida won't harm a soul."

"She's always been quick to become friendly." Katsuki was short now. He was thinking harder and longer. He knew what they were preaching was the truth. A soul like (y/n) was hard to hold back as it was, he didn't think he could do it any longer.

"We have to let her grow up, as co sibling parenting, we need to watch her flourish." Izuku said snorting slightly at his own joke. His eyes quickly set on Katsuki who seemed to frown for his own reasons. "You saw how she flourished with Shinso, she was learning how to defend herself and her friends, she was learning how to have fun and be herself. I mean she was actually finding herself, and who she wanted to be."

"She was finding herself, creating her own ideals and traits that she would carry with her," Ochako said smiling sentimentally. "She was becoming a young woman who you would have been proud of, but know you're locking her away again."

"I just want to protect her," Katsuki tried to defend even though he was losing his own inner battle.

"And you and Izuku will always be there to protect her, but she also needs to learn how to live in a world without you two catering to her." Kirishima Said as he placed a hand on Katsuki's shoulder.

He had looked more saddened over the fact, but his true feelings were not from the lack of protection, but more for the change he would have to encompass to watch her become the young woman his parents and her parents wanted her to be while watching on the sidelines with Izuku.

"We can get through this together, you know?" Izuku said with eyes full of hope. "We promised teamwork and that's what we'll continue to do."

Katsuki finally broke, "fine, but make sure this Iida won't break her heart. And leave the decision up to her, do not force her."

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

"Why do we have to have more people over tonight?" (Y/n) asked as she lounged in her pjs watching Captain America in the winter soldier.

"Because," Katsuki gave his one grunt response while he baked desserts before he started the main course.

"Because why?" She asked, pausing the movie and looking over the back of the couch watching the blonde put the pastry into the oven.