Chapter 40

(y/n) sat in the office of the police department, legs dangling as she got information on the court hearing and when she would be needed for her own testimony.

"Thanks for coming today," she whispered to Hitoshi who held her hand firmly to calm her down. "I really appreciate it."

It had been about a week, and they were slowly forming that friendship they had once had. Hitoshi was opening up, Mr. Aizawa was often over to make that happen by saying something embarrassing, Kirishima and Denki were starting to sing their songs, everything just seemed to be going back to what she had considered normal.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," he remarked knowing that was the full truth. He didn't want to be anywhere else unless it was with her. He had made that mistake by letting his fear of Jiro rule him but he wasn't going back.

"Ms. Midoriya, I'm ready to see you." Iida said, holding his office door open allowing the two to walk in and get the things they needed so they could get out of here and relax for the rest of the day.

(y/n) sat down and clasped her other hand in nerves as she watched Iida fix multiple files on his desk. She was sure he could sense her nerves, and she was definitely sure Hitoshi felt it as well with the way he was glancing at her.

"Nothing to be afraid of," Iida said reassuring her before he sat a folder on the edge of his desk for her to take with her. "By the looks of it, Mr. Bakugou found you a good lawyer. Your court hearing is in a week, it's next Wednesday at one thirty in the afternoon. You need to arrive in the courthouse at least an hour before to get checked in and all taken care of. Do you have any questions?"

She had many questions, but in her head they sounded all dumb. They were things she felt she needed to know.

"Can she be found not guilty?" she blurted out instantly regretting that she let her number one fear out.

"She could possibly, but with the majority of the proof and your eyewitnesses, I believe she will have a hard time." Iida said reassuringly. "But it's not exactly one hundred percent there's always that slim percentage." she nodded her head trying her best to wipe away the fear.

"I'll have to give a testimony, correct?" she asked another question getting any of her nerves out of the way.

"Most definitely, but do not be afraid." Iida said, giving her the best explanation she could. "When asked a question speak the truth and nothing but the truth."

"Does she need to fill out any paperwork before the hearing?" Shinso asked for her knowing that a question like that may calm her nerves.

"Nope, she will just state that she is here and hand them a form of ID and they will get everything set up for you." Iida said, giving them a reassuring smile. "Anything else?"

"Are you and Mrs. Iida still coming over for dinner tonight?" (y/n) asked breaking away from her wall of nerves and changing the topic into something light and happy.

"Of course, since I have no relation to this case other than hearing your statement and giving you your hearing information, it would not be ill mannered for the two of us to accept your previous invite." Iida said, giving the youngest sibling a smile.

"Fantastic!" (y/n) smiled looking excitedly at Hitoshi who smiled at her falling for her cuteness all over again. "What's her favorite dessert? Hito and I can make it!"

"She's a rather big fan of chocolate, you can get creative with that if that pleases you." Iida said, smirking knowing the girl really wanted to make an impression on his wife.

"Fantastic, hito we can make homemade chocolates, and cupcakes, and pies, and, and, and," she paused and thought for a second. "Lets just make everything with chocolate in the name."