knife to the heart - NATASHA ROMANOFF [T]

TITLE — KNIFE TO THE HEART

status: taken by milasgospel
faceclaim: david castañeda
oc: mateo castillo
planet origin: earth
love interest: natasha romanoff
first appearance: captain amercia: the winter soldier
last appearance: avengers: endgame*

status: taken by milasgospelfaceclaim: david castañedaoc: mateo castillo planet origin: earth love interest: natasha romanoff first appearance: captain amercia: the winter soldier last appearance: avengers: endgame*

*your preferred fancast as natasha romanoff*

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

MATEO CASTILLO WAS A SOLDIER. He had fought bravely for his country and all he got in return were cursed dreams and scars that would never fade yet he was proud of what he had done. If he could go back in time, he wouldn't change a thing, even though his life so far had been pretty violent and grim, he would still keep everything exactly the same. And that included meeting his best friend, even though it wasn't in the most desirable circumstances.

Sam Wilson had to be the best pilot and man Mateo had ever met and that included his previous commanding officer who had saved his ass more times than he could remember. The two of them got on like a house on fire and Mateo was there for Sam even through his darkest hours, which were when his wingman — Riley — tragically died in action. Mateo was his hope, his light in darkness, because he loved him like a brother and they were always there for each other.

When Sam left the military, Mateo was not far behind him, supporting his every decision with no hesitation. They got a house together as a way of being there for each other to help them adjust to civilian life after spending years fighting.

But even after all that time away, some things remained the same; like waking up at ungodly hours, making his bed straight after pulling himself from it and taking a morning run to ready himself for the day ahead. That was how both him and Sam met the one and only Steve Rogers. Never in his life would Mateo have thought he would meet a hero like Steve Rogers, a man who had inspired so many to join the army and fight for their country. He was a hero out of time, struggling to adjust to a strange world, so Mateo couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

Mateo's heart was still aching for adventure so when Steve stops by with a familiar redhead, asking for his and Sam's help, there was no way he was going to say no. After all, when Captain America asks for help, you don't say no.

And on top of it all, Mateo can't help but feel drawn to Steve's redheaded friend who was even more badass than he had pictured. So Mateo must tackle his feelings whilst helping America's hero and an ex-assassin take down a mysterious assailant and SHIELD whilst they're at it.

If you don't particularly like this summary, feel free to edit it to your liking.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘