burning pile - SORCERER'S APPRENTICE [A]

TITLE — BURNING PILE*

status: available
faceclaim: sadie sink*
oc: cassandra la fay*
fandom: sorcerer's apprentice
love interest: n/a
first appearance: sorcerer's apprentice
last appearance: sorcerer's apprentice*

status: available faceclaim: sadie sink*oc: cassandra la fay*fandom: sorcerer's apprenticelove interest: n/afirst appearance: sorcerer's apprenticelast appearance: sorcerer's apprentice*

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

IN 1746, CASSANDRA LA FAY FACED A TRIAL AND THEN WAS SENTENCED TO DEATH AS A WITCH. But just before the flaming torch could touch the dry kindling, in swept a fellow sorcerer who rescued Cassandra from her fate. And it wasn't the first time. For that sorcerer — Balthazar Blake himself — had been pulling Cassandra from Death's grasp for a very long time.

Back in the time of old, there was a great and powerful wizard: Merlin. His name had passed into legend over the centuries, but once he was just as real as magic. He had three apprentices who he had bestowed the secrets of magic to: Balthazar, Horvath and Veronica. But they weren't his first students. Because decades before, Merlin had taught a bright young sorceress with an unparalleled gift. And her name was Cassandra La Fay. 

Cassandra listened to Merlin's every word and every teaching. She focused herself dedicatedly upon her studies to become the great sorceress to ever lived. But then, she fell pregnant and the future changed forever. 

Once Morgana was born, Cassandra was different. Her powers had been stripped from her and handed down to her infant child. And to add to it all, Merlin told her that she had somehow acquired immortality and would be stuck at almost sixteen for the rest of what would be a very long life. Yet despite this, Cassandra tried her best to be the mother Morgana needed. She loved her daughter, there was no denying it, which was why she was so confused and devastated when the now grown woman turned against her, Merlin and his apprentices. 

How could Cassandra have not seen it coming? She had raised her child to try and see the best in people, to use her abilities to help rather than hurt. But it seemed Morgana had learnt the opposite to what Cassandra had tried to teach her. Merlin didn't want to hurt the woman he had seen grow up or inadvertently the friend who was her Mother. But Morgana had to be stopped.

Cassandra, no matter how much she hated it, knew Merlin was right. Her daughter had to be stopped.

And she was.

Veronica had sacrificed her own life to seal Morgana away in the grimhold; a Russian doll style prison in which they could never escape. But Cassandra's mind was still not at peace. She had helped lock away her own daughter and that was something she had to live with for the rest of her immortal life. So, the sorceress tried to make the best of the life she had been given.

Over the years, Cassandra saw everything, met everyone. She helped the people of the world with their advancements and with their daily lives. Even without her powers, she tried to do the right thing and help those around her. All the while Balthazar Blake was also travelling the world in search of Prime Merlinian, the great wizard's heir. So far, nothing, but the man hadn't given up hope.