the druid king - ALLANON [A]

TITLE — THE DRUID KING

status: available
faceclaim: viggo mortensen
oc: balinor
fandom: the shannara chronicles
love interest: allanon
first appearance: the shannara chronicles season one
last appearance: the shannara chronicles season two

status: available faceclaim: viggo mortensenoc: balinor fandom: the shannara chronicleslove interest: allanonfirst appearance: the shannara chronicles season onelast appearance: the shannara chronicles season two

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

TO MANY, THE LEGEND OF THE DRUID KING WAS JUST THAT, A LEGEND. He was someone elves and humans alike whispered around their campfire to send children into slumber or to laugh about over a drink or two. The tale of the Druid King was full of adventure, magic and sacrifice; it was a story so fantastical and powerful that people did not believe it. But Balinor knew the legend to be true.

Because he was the Druid King.

A mantle based down from Druid to Druid, the title of Druid King was a burden only bestowed upon the greatest of them all. The selection process was ruthless and unforgiving — some even died. But in the end, Balinor succeeded and the crown of magic was then his to bear. The burden that came with it soon became apparent and Balinor struggled with the weight of the golden ring upon his brow. So he sought comfort in a fellow Druid, one who he had trained with side by side and trusted with his life.

Allanon.

It didn't take long for their friendship to change, for something even greater to blossom. The two were happy together: their days were filled with stolen kisses and joyous smiles; their eyes glistened with the spark of adoration and their scarred, blood-soaked hands were intwined more often than anyone could count. Many acts had been committed in the good of the Four Lands (some of them even King Balinor wasn't proud of) so the hands of the Druids were stained crimson with their deeds, something they had to live with. And for Balinor, Allanon washed all his sins and baggage away with just a touch of his skin, making him feel loved and free once more.

But like all good things, it had to come to an end.

Allanon had fallen for the Eleven King's sister — Pyria — a beautiful, wonderful and intelligent woman, so Balinor couldn't blame him for developing feelings for the Princess. But before their relationship could develop into something more, something that would no doubt break Balinor's heart, the War of the Races commenced.

Blood from all the lands swirled together in craters of dirt stacked high upon the rotting corpses belonging to each and every race. It was a war no one could escape from. Not even the Druids. And by the end, once all the fighting had ceased, Balinor was the only Druid left standing. He had lost his entire people to one war. So now, he was all alone.

King Eventine of the Elves took in the lost Druid, offering him a home and company which are two things the war had taken from him. No one apart from the King knew who Balinor truly was, his identity kept secret from even the other members of the royal family. Until the day of the gauntlet that was.