cluedo - KNIVES OUT [A]

TITLE — CLUEDO

status: available
faceclaim: alisha boe*
oc: enigma drysdale
fandom: knives out
love interest: n/a
first appearance: knives out
last appearance: knives out: glass onion*

status: available faceclaim: alisha boe*oc: enigma drysdalefandom: knives outlove interest: n/afirst appearance: knives outlast appearance: knives out: glass onion*

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

EVERYONE KNEW ENIGMA DRYSDALE WAS HER GREAT-GRANDFATHER'S FAVOURITE. Practically from the moment he had set eyes on her, they knew. They knew she would be the sparkle in his eyes, the angel in his dreams. She would be his everything. And they were right.

After being left his child on his doorstep, young Ransom was simply not ready to raise a child. He was rash, irresponsible and simply dangerous for an infant to be around. Enigma's grandparents didn't want to help, after all, she was Ransom's mess — his mistake. But Harlan Thrombey felt differently. He just knew from the second that his daughter brought her son's baby home to show the family, that he would be the one to raise her.

Enigma thrived in the life her Great-Grandfather had given her. Sure, raising a baby at his age wasn't exactly easy but he was up for the challenge. Ransom may have been young and inexperienced, but Harlan knew he cared and let him visit Enigma as often as he liked despite his parents' wishes. As soon as she could understand a concept of the world around her, Enigma realised that Harlan Thrombey was not her Father and that it was Ransom Drysdale who had given her life.

Those first years with Enigma were some precious memories Harlan knew he would cherish until the grave. Because a few years after Enigma was born. After he had been there for her first steps and her first word: cluedo. After he had started to teach her how to read and play chess. Ransom thought he was older and responsible enough to be the Father who Enigma needed.

He tried, he did. But parenting didn't come naturally to Ransom Drysdale. So Enigma began to long for the days she would visit her Great-Grandfather — her Papa Harlan — and count down to them with the aid of her calendar. And when her Father took her back and became more involved with her life, so did her Grandparents. So despite the fact that she was no longer being raised by Harlan Thrombey, away in his mansion of puzzles and mysteries, she was more included in her family than she ever had been. 

But that wasn't always a good thing.

The Thrombeys and the Drysdales fought like the world was ending and they always needed to have the last say. They fought about all sorts of things: money, relationships, the children, the business. Anything and everything. But they all had to do with the one thing: Harlan Thrombey's will. And when the man in question was discovered dead the morning after his 85th birthday party, the family is put under a microscope to get to the bottom of it.