stuck in my head - DIEGO HARGREEVES [A]

TITLE — STUCK IN MY HEAD

status: available
faceclaims: malese jow / heo jung eun*
oc: darla cho / mulan cho
love interest: diego hargreeves
first appearance: the umbrella academy season 1
last appearance: tbd

status: available faceclaims: malese jow / heo jung eun*oc: darla cho / mulan cholove interest: diego hargreeves first appearance: the umbrella academy season 1last appearance: tbd

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

ON THE 12TH HOUR OF the first day of October, 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of these children as possible. He got seven of them.

Darla Cho was one of the forty three children born on that special day from a mother who wasn't even pregnant when the day started and when Sir Reginald Hargreeves came and offered her parents money, they refused. Patrick and Kira Cho saw their unexplainable child as a miracle, that their prayers for a baby were finally being answered by God and they definitely weren't going to give her up for some cash, no matter how much he was willing to pay. What they didn't find out until years later was that their miracle child was given abilities far beyond anything they could've imagined or comprehended.

Darla didn't know whether or not she was blessed or cursed, but her parents seemed to think it was the former and they made sure to keep them a secret, including from their closest relatives. From a young age, Darla has been able to hear people's thoughts even though most of the time she doesn't want to, she just can't help it. She used to dream of using her abilities for the greater good - like the Umbrella Academy - but her parents would constantly remind her that she had to hide who she really was otherwise people would treat her as if she was a freak, an abomination.

Darla heeded their words, never telling a single soul who she truly was and that included the love of her life, Callum Longstride, someone she thought would be there for her through anything. Nineteen and pregnant wasn't where she expected to be in life and to make matters worse, the man she thought loved her, ran off, screaming and shouting that he didn't want the child as he went. Desperate and alone, Darla wanted to reach out to her parents but knew that they would be disappointed and it was something she couldn't take after watching the love of her life abandon her. It was raining on that miserable night so she took shelter in the nearest building possible - The Icarus Theatre - which is where she met Vanya Hargreeves, a girl who saw how broken Darla truly was and took her in out of the goodness of her heart.