like father, like daughter - TORCHWOOD [T]

TITLE — LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER

status: taken by me
faceclaim: adria arjona
oc: zara harkness
planet origin: earth
love interest: none*
first appearance: torchwood season one
last appearance: tbd

status: taken by mefaceclaim: adria arjona oc: zara harknessplanet origin: earthlove interest: none*first appearance: torchwood season one last appearance: tbd

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

IF THERE WAS ONE THING Zara Harkness knew for certain about her life it was that it was going to be a long one.

Born with the unfortunate genes of her recklessly brave Father, Zara became something no one thought was possible. She became Immortal. After discovering the fact that her daughter could heal from anything, Georgina Sanchez contacted her one night stand to hand over the child, not wanting to risk the heartbeat that would no doubt follow. Captain Jack Harkness had never seen himself as the parent type, but as soon as he set his eyes on her beautiful, jovial face he knew he would do his upmost to protect her and besides, she was the only other Immortal on the planet and he would be damned if he was going to let her go through that alone.

Zara never had a normal childhood, but what do you expect when you grow up surrounded by aliens and violence? So it was no surprise to her, Jack nor Torchwood when she joined the team as soon as she was old enough to. Battling alien threats and saving the day became her life, and even decades later, she still continued to be amazed by what Torchwood come face to face with on a daily basis. But there was a downside to her world of kicking alien ass and discovering new and interesting things, and that was that she was known as Jack's sister, not his daughter.

But even that won't stop them because the Immortal Harkness duo never give up, even if one of their own turns against them, even if the world ends and even if the whole of Reality is on the line, all because they have something to fight for: each other.

And for a woman born in the aftermath of World War II, Zara had to admit, she still looked pretty darn good for her age.

If you don't particularly like this summary, feel free to edit it to your liking.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

epigraph:

"Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe."

- albert einstein

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

quotes:

"I'm Zara Harkness, I'm 60 years old, I'm Immortal, and if you don't shut up, I'm going to introduce my fist to your nose."