crime wave - ALEC HARDY [A]

TITLE — CRIME WAVE*

status:
available
faceclaims: charlotte ritchie* / jay lycurgo*
oc: nora jenkins* / jason jenkins*
fandom: broadchurch
love interest: alec hardy
first appearance: broadchurch season one
last appearance: broadchurch season three

status: availablefaceclaims: charlotte ritchie* / jay lycurgo*oc: nora jenkins* / jason jenkins*fandom: broadchurchlove interest: alec hardyfirst appearance: broadchurch season onelast appearance: broadchurch season three

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

NORA JENKINS USED TO THINK HER JOB WAS BORING. As a forensics officer in a small town whose biggest crimes were drunk driving, it wasn't like there was any sort of challenging work to do. Every day was basically the same. Around and around she went. Doing the same thing day after day. Month after Month. Year after year. But then, tragedy hit the town like a tsunami. Danny Latimer was found dead.

After arriving to the scene of the body of a young boy found on the beach, Nora instantly burst into tears. Because it wasn't just any boy lying dead in the sand. It was Danny Latimer. It was her cousin's son. 

Taken from the world too soon, the death of Danny Latimer shook the town of Broadchurch to its very core. Nora, of course, was asked to leave the investigation and return to her family. But how could she just stay at home when she could be out there helping to find Danny's killer? She wouldn't have it. Her friend — Ellie Miller — seemed to understand that along with her replacement: Alec Hardy. And it was a good thing to, because Nora would have found Danny's killer with or without the police's consent. 

It soon became apparent that Alec Hardy was a strange man. He lived at the Traders Hotel all on his own and seemed to have his very own personal storm cloud following him whether he went. Yet despite the fact that everyone called him 'Shit-face' behind his back, Nora saw the soft, kind side in his tired eyes. In Broadchurch it wasn't often you saw an officer so scarred by the job that it haunted their dreams, but Alec Hardy was one of them. He had seen unspeakable horrors but he kept going nonetheless. Nora could tell that about him.