by the wings - SUPERNATURAL [T]

TITLE — BY THE WINGS*

status: taken by ollyoxenfrees 
faceclaim: sofia wylie*
oc: makayla curran*
specie: human — mostly
love interest: castiel!dad au
first appearance: supernatural season nine
last appearance: supernatural season fifteen*

TITLE — BY THE WINGS*status: taken by ollyoxenfrees faceclaim: sofia wylie*oc: makayla curran*specie: human — mostlylove interest: castiel!dad aufirst appearance: supernatural season ninelast appearance: supernatural season fifteen*

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

ON SOME LEVEL, MIKAYLA CURRAN WAS SURE SHE BELIEVED IN ANGELS. From the moment she had first heard about them with their guardian natures and their majestic wings, Mikayla had always dreamed about them being real. She had prayed to God that they would come down from their high pedestals and rescue her from her lonely life. But no one answered.

So life went on for young Mikayla Curran. She went to school, got good grades, played Netball for the school team. But then, something strange happened.

Meteors rained down from the sky.

Astronomers and other experts couldn't explain it. There was a worldwide shower across the Earth, all at once, and no one knew a thing. All Mikayla knew was that as soon as the lights had stopped falling, she was different. First voices came into her head like a crashing wave. Then the electricity started to react whenever she entered a room. And she swore her shadow had wings. 

Something had happened to Mikayla Curran during that meteor shower and she couldn't tell a soul. Then one day, as she strolling past the local gas-n-sip, she felt something in her gut. It was a strange tugging sensation, telling her to go inside. Of course, knowing the weird things that had been happening to her lately, Mikayla followed it. And she found out what it was after. Because once inside, it led her straight to an employee by the name of Steve. 

There was something about Steve that Mikayla couldn't place. And then she saw it: an absence. A void. Like a gaping wound on his back where something was stolen from him. And Steve, as soon as he saw Mikayla Curran staring at him, he could see the angelic spark in her eyes and he knew she was special. She had the missing pieces of all of his brothers and sisters trapped inside of her, just neither of them knew that yet. But she did find out something that she never could have imagined: angels were real. And Steve was one of them. Or at least, he used to be. Because that gaping absence she could see like a scar on his back; that used to be where his wings were.

Now united by the affect of the meteor shower, Mikayla and Castiel — or as she met him, Steve must try to fix themselves. Not knowing all along that they were fixing each other.

If you don't particularly like this summary, feel free to edit it to your liking.