the glitch - BUCKY BARNES [A]

TITLE — THE GLITCH

status: available
faceclaim: sean maguire*
oc: robin of locksley
normal alias: john robertson
hero alias: robin hood
planet origin: earth
love interest: bucky barnes
first appearance: the falcon and the winter soldier
last appearance: tbd

status: available faceclaim: sean maguire*oc: robin of locksleynormal alias: john robertson hero alias: robin hood planet origin: earth love interest: bucky barnes first appearance: the falcon and the winter soldierlast appearance: tbd

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

EVERY CHILD KNOWS THE LEGEND of Robin Hood. How he stole from the rich to give to the poor and how he pissed off a rather nasty Sheriff of Nottingham who wanted it all, including for Robin's love to be his bride. And so the tale of the brave archer was told and over time people began to ponder whether or not the hero really existed. To the modern world he was nothing more than a bedtime story, a lesson to be learnt. Every child remembers cheering when Robin vanquished the tyrannical Sheriff to save the love of his life, before ending the tale in 'They both lived  Happily Ever After'.

But that was a lie.

Robin and Marion did indeed love each other with all their hearts and they were happy as we already know, but their ending was not so joyous. For Robin Hood — thief, hero and legend — was slain by a man still loyal to the Sheriff's cause and that was the end of the selfless hero.

Or so he and everyone else thought.

Fast forward to 2023 when The Avengers and co attempted their second chance against Thanos, the Mad Titan. It had been five years since their defeat and the dusting of half the entire Universe, but the heroes did what all heroes do, they never gave up. In the end, it worked and the dead were returned. But like all things, it came with a price.

The last thing Robin remembered was a shooting pain in his abdomen and then.... darkness. Endless darkness. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't think. He couldn't see. Despite the beliefs he was raised upon, there was nothing beyond the world of the living. Nothing at all. He would scream. He would cry. He would beg for it all to be over, to be free from his cage. And as if the Universe could hear him, his prayers were answered.

With the return of the fallen came Robin of Locksley, riding the wave of resurrection into a new age. It was certainly an age he didn't understand with moving pictures on flat pieces of metal and buildings so high he could barely see the top. The world around him was beyond different and he had no clue why.

Well, that was until a kind woman named Melissa Gordon found him whilst trying to calm down and aid the returned. She took him in and listened to frantic cries of confusion; she gave him new clothes that weren't covered in blood or looked like he got them from a Medieval fair and she explained to him the events of the past centuries.