homeward bound - THE DOCTOR [A]

TITLE — HOMEWARD BOUND*

status: available
faceclaim: ana de armas*
oc: the detective
alias: venus draconis / smith
planet origin: gallifrey
love interest: the doctor
first appearance: doctor who season three
last appearance: tbd

status: available faceclaim: ana de armas*oc: the detective alias: venus draconis / smith planet origin: gallifrey love interest: the doctor first appearance: doctor who season threelast appearance: tbd

Seventh regeneration

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

THE DOCTOR MOURNED THE TRAGIC loss of his wife, but unbeknownst to him she was still very much alive.

Grief stricken and broken, he believed that just like their children and grandchildren, the Time War had claimed her as its victim too, leaving him the last of his family and kind in the Universe. But he was wrong.

After being thrown into the past by the Time Lords for a reason that they declared 'her own safety', The Detective lived on, stuck in the time they had sent her to. She had no means of escape: no Tardis, no vortex manipulator, she had nothing. But she was a Time Lady, she knew a thing or two about time. It was Earth, late 1920s, where she had been sent to. Why there, she had no idea. But she had been to Earth so many times over the ages with her husband and their companions that she practically knew its history inside and out. 

And it was because of that that she managed to survive the Wall Street Crash in 1929 with enough money to help those who had lost everything. The Detective had changed her name to Venus Draconis to blend in with the humans, all the while her mind was still stuck on the war and what may have happened to her family. With their fates unknown to her, The Detective tried to keep herself hopeful as the world came crashing down around her. 

She managed to secure herself a position in the police force, much to her surprise, and tried her best to use her job to help those most had forgotten. And when she hears about all the disappearances in Hooverville, The Detective immediately sought out the establishment to help them. Soloman — their leader — allowed her to stay with them as she investigated the sudden disappearances of their friends. But her efforts were fruitless. There was something much bigger going on, she knew it, she just couldn't see the whole picture.

But then a strange man and woman stroll into Hooverville wearing threads that wouldn't be around for at least another few decades. And then The Detective knew: it was him. But the Time Lords had made sure she was hidden from them with the golden bracelet she wore around wrist which blocked their telepathy. So the Doctor walked straight past his wife with no clue it was her. 

The Detective — known as Venus Draconis — must help her oblivious husband solve the mystery of Hooverville, all the while trying to gather the courage to tell him the truth. That she was in fact his missing wife, the love of his lives, that she was alive. Well... that's if he doesn't find out first.