sea la vie - OLIVER QUEEN [A]

TITLE — SEA LA VIE*

status:
available
faceclaim: aja naomi king*
oc: jacqueline* pierce
love interest: oliver queen
first appearance: arrow season one
last appearance: arrow season eight*

TITLE — SEA LA VIE*status: availablefaceclaim: aja naomi king*oc: jacqueline* piercelove interest: oliver queenfirst appearance: arrow season onelast appearance: arrow season eight*

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

THE HUMAN BODY WAS MADE OF 60% WATER, YET YOU COULD STILL DROWN. Jacqueline Pierce had always been fascinated by that. It was like an oxymoron for how could the very thing you were made of be capable of destroying you. And she knew all to well how deadly water could really be as for as long as the young woman could remember, she had been one with the water.

It had something to do with the vaccine she received as a child - the same vaccine that her brother had. Somehow it had given the Pierce siblings powers which neither of them were prepared for. Jefferson was bestowed the ability to control electricity whilst Jacqueline manipulated water. They always said that water and electricity should never mix. But the Pierce siblings were the exception.

They became known as Black Lightning and Tidal - the vigilantes of Freeland. They fought for the people and helped where they could, all the while hunting for the man who had gotten away with their Father's murder: Tobias Whale. And when they found him, they destroyed him together. Jacqueline had let darkness into her soul that night under the moon, blood standing as a testament to her crimes. She no longer thought she was worthy to be the people's hope. So, Jacqueline Pierce left Freeland in search of a new beginning.

And she found it. In Starling City.

Three years after what she believed to be the death of Tobias Whale, Jacqueline Pierce was happy with her life in Starling City. She had an excellent job at Queen Consolidated which is how she met her friend Felicity. She had a nice home, perfect for just her in her new city. And she had a peaceful life. No mask. No bad guys to beat up in alleys. No Tobias Whale. Just peace.

But then Oliver Queen comes back from the dead five years after being lost at sea and everything changes. A man in a hood becomes Starling City's newest vigilante, a killer on some sort of vendetta that Jacqueline couldn't decipher. And just when she decided to keep out of it all, Oliver Queen strolls into the IT office of Pierce and Smoak with a job for them. 

Oliver Queen was a terrible liar and Jacqueline Pierce was smarter than she looked. So she didn't take long to realise that the hooded man running through Starling's streets at night was the city's most famous billionaire.

Now faced with a choice, Jacqueline decided to put on the mask once more. She became Riptide.

Despite her experience with leading a double life, being Riptide was something completely different. Before her partner was her brother, they knew each other, they trusted each other. But this new Hood, they were both strangers to each other. Yet somehow, Riptide and the Hood managed to work together to build up a bond so they could fight together.