T H I R T Y - F I V E

Fallon POV

"Mom?" Mattheo knocked lightly, pushing the door open. Remus gave me a pointed look before ruffling Mattheo's hair and walking out. "What did you need, Mattheo?" I asked, putting books away. "I want to talk. About yesterday." He mumbled. I caught a glimpse of his nervous state. His eyes were puffy and tired looking.

I placed the books down and walked over to him. I pulled him into my chest, he wrapped his arms around my waist quickly. He sighed in content while I ran my fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry, mom." He sniffed, I held him closer. "Love." I sighed and kissed his forehead. He looked up at me. "I shouldn't have treated you like that. You are still my son and I should have spoken to you." I cooed, brushing his hair back gently.

"He spoke so horribly about you. An-And I couldn't hold in my anger. Mom, he said awful things." He rushed, tears filling his eyes. "Love, it's not your job to defend me." I cupped his face. "It is when my dad left us." He huffed. I sighed and kissed his forehead. "He didn't, he did but he didn't know. Love! Can I tell you later?" I asked, he shook his head.

"Tell me!" he begged. "You're a pain." I laughed, "Like?" He trailed off. "Yes, like your father." I smiled, he hugged me. "Your father and I weren't together when we had you. It was like a one night stand, except we talked after and even when you were born. I-I never told him that you were his." I sighed, he held my hands.

"Why?" He asked, searching my face for an answer. "He was happy with someone else." I smiled, he nodded slowly. "Do I have pictures of him? And is he alive?" He asked quickly. "Not saying and not saying." I smirked and kissed his head. "Mom!" He whined, "Go bother your uncle." I shoved his head. "I love you mom." He smiled. "I love you too, Mattheo." I smiled.

"Potter." Mattheo hissed as he opened the door. "How long were you standing there? How much did you hear?" Mattheo hissed. I grabbed his hand, he huffed and looked at me. "Relax, go get breakfast. Bring me a muffin." I smiled, caressing his face. He shoved his shoulder into Harry as he left the room.

"I-I didn't mean to listen to the conversation." Harry muttered. I nodded and placed the books in their place. "Is there something you needed, Harry?" I asked. "Er, I need to apologize." He mumbled. "Not to me. You need to apologize to Mattheo. You did not upset me with the comment about not knowing Mattheo's father." I spoke in a monotone voice.

"It is a rather touchy subject for him. As I believe your parents are a touchy subject for you. If you feel the need to apologize for your comment, Mattheo is the one to apologize to." I spoke and moved to prepare the lessons. "Ron was out of line." He added. "Indeed, but that is on Ron not you. If you have nothing more, please close the door on your way out." I pointed to the door.

He nodded and left quickly. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. Remus walked in, he smiled and handed me coffee. "Ugh, I love you." I sighed and took it from him. I noticed the ring back on his hand. I smirked and winked at him. "Shut it." He groaned and sat in a chair. "I didn't say anything." I shrugged.

"You said it with your eyes." He teased, I rolled my eyes. "Why won't you tell the kid his father? Are you embarrassed?" He asked, I scoffed. "When have you ever known me to be embarrassed by any of my decisions?" I asked, he smirked. "If I tell him, then that means Harry knows. And I really don't think telling Harry me and his father had an affair two weeks before his parents got married is the best idea." I sighed.

"You have to tell the kid at some point." He added, I nodded. "I know, but. Can't we let Sirius deal with telling Harry. I mean he has to be trying to get to us, right?" I asked, Remus sighed and shrugged. "I don't know why I took the job." I sighed, he held my hand. "To be with your son, and me of course." He smirked.