Chapter 18: Ellie

"What am I going to do with you, Logan?" I asked my phone like it would've answered me.

I couldn't believe he'd fallen for the 'lock your locker or else' prank, which for sure hadn't been invented at UW. Jake himself had his locker glued shut his redshirt freshman year as a gag since he rode the bench that year.

Stupid boys.

Similar thoughts filtered through my head while I walked into Logan's bedroom, or rather, the space where his bed and dresser were. I still hadn't unpacked my clothes although my laundry hamper had made its way into the closet. My dirty clothes, especially my underwear, wasn't something I wanted for full viewing in the living room.

The room smelled faintly like Logan's fresh scent, which put a relaxed smile on my lips. I grabbed a T-shirt, pants, and shoes from the closet then smiled at how small my hand fit into the sole of one shoe.

"Socks..." I pulled open his top drawer, grabbed a pair of socks, and tucked them into one shoe, then looked over his underwear drawer. Everything was neatly folded and I grabbed a pair in the front and tucked it inside the other shoe. Since that made his rows uneven, I shuffled around a few pairs until my fingers bumped against a hard object in the back of the drawer.

I shouldn't pry, this isn't my business.

Maybe just a peek.

What I saw surprised me more than I'd expected. My fingers had pushed into a box of condoms that I wanted to think about anything else but silently appreciated that they were still unopened.

Extra large... I just can't.

The sight of them gave me mixed reactions, which included an unsettled feeling at the idea Logan needed them for when he was with other girls. The longer I looked, the more discomfort rose in my stomach.

Of course he's been with other girls. Everything about him is sexy.

I pushed the box further back into the draw but it pressed against another object. After I shuffled some of the drawer's contents, my fingers pushed aside a small, rectangular, black object that released a soft gasp from my lips.

It can't be... Can it?

My fingers reached out and brushed against the soft, velvet nap of the box.

The last time I saw a box like this, Logan had given me...

My phone buzzed with a text message that interrupted that derailed train of thoughts.

Harper: You haven't answered me so I'll just assume that you and Adonis are screwing.

"Let's set one thing straight." I smiled down at her forwardness and typed up a response.

me: NO.

Harper: If he's having performance issues then there's a little blue pill for that.

I quickly snapped a photo of what I faced and attached it to her.

me: I think there's another issue.
me: [ image attached ]

Harper: Why are you going through his underwear drawer?
Harper: XL?? Nice.

"Ugh, you're missing the point." I hit the call button. "Harper!"

"Only thing wrong with those condoms is that they're not opened." I heard the smirk in her voice. "What are you waiting for?"

"I don't think that will help our... living situation," I replied. "We're just roommates."