Chapter 93: Ellie

Even though the UTI medicine made me drowsy, thankfully it kicked in right away and both the burning sensation and urge to pee repeatedly both subsided. Given the birth control effectiveness warning, even though Logan had bought new condoms, we abstained all week so my lady bits healed.

Logan's coaches rode him hard in practices again during every afternoon, to the point where his giant feet dragged across the carpet by the time he climbed the three flights of stairs home. Our dinners were mostly silent while we sleepily inhaled our food, I showered while he unpacked, then packed his football bag, and we both crashed early.

After the ESPN interview, Logan's level of attention increased slightly but mine increased tenfold. Students I'd never met before came up to the information desk at the library, whispered and pointed at me within and between my classes, even took a few pictures. The interested herds on the sidewalk across the street from our apartment building increased in size and volume level, as a few reporters shouted at us, especially every morning when we left for class together.

Midterms in all our classes were scheduled for next week and Logan bore the pressure of the entire Husky Nation's hopes for an upset win over USC, so the most he and I interacted before Saturday's game was while we crammed and quizzed each other for our Anatomy class exam next Tuesday. Logan knew the material better than I did, so he more often quizzed me but assured me that review also reinforced the information in his memory.

A few times I sat back on my end of the sofa, our notes sprawled on the cushion between us, and stared in awe at Logan. Not just the adorable way he pressed the tip of his tongue into the left corner of his mouth while he concentrated, the deeper blue intensity that filled his eyes, or the small grin he wore once he got a quizzed answer correct, but his level of attention and patience.

He would make a good science teacher.

"The cells that secrete acids that dissolve bone matrix are..." his voice faded off as his eyes lifted to mine.

"Osteoclasts?" I asked with lifted eyebrows and slightly scrunched up nose.

"Are you asking or telling me, baby?" he teased and hugged his Anatomy textbook against his chest like he hid the answer.

"Telling," I answered right before a yawn stretched my jaw and mouth wide.

"Think we're ready for bed." He caught my yawn and returned it with one of his, then closed his book. Right when the cushion between us cleared, I scooted forwards and pressed my lips gently against his.

"Thank you," I murmured while I pulled back. "For... being serious about studying."

"It's important to me too," he assured me with a small grin, then we stood up together and quickly moved through our nighttime routines.

"My parents come in Saturday," a sigh left my lips as I snuggled my head into the warm, firm skin on Logan's left pectoral muscle. "I... never completely cleared the air with them, just moved away and ignored a lot of things."

"I'll be right there," he promised in a voice much deeper and raspy with sleep, so I pressed a soft kiss into his bare shoulder and rolled slightly away. Within a few slow, even breaths, sleep pulled both of us under.

 Within a few slow, even breaths, sleep pulled both of us under