Chapter 61: Logan

If there's a cloud nine then I'm on fucking cloud nine-hundred and ninety-nine... Thousand.

Million. Quadrillion. Octillion.

I woke up this morning with complete satisfaction from the epicenter of raging hormones in my groin up to the goofy smile that stretched across my lips. Ellie's warm, smooth, naked body next to mine was just the start, which I nearly sprinted back to after I'd brushed my teeth and used the toilet.

The sight of Ellie, bare on my lap, my cock buried tight into her, the warm, smooth skin of her ass nestled against my balls with each pump down, my fingers squeezed into the flesh on her hips while she rode up and down, and my hips canted in coordinated thrusts that bounced her pink-peaked breasts was better than a wet dream...

But definitely a wake up I can get used to.

Our experience was more than just hot morning wake-up sex. The flash of silver-colored platinum that hung between her breasts, near her heart space held all of the assurances of my love, spoken and unspoken, bounced with each upward thrust I drove into her. The flash of determination in her dark brown eyes while she rode me into the mattress, her messy morning hair framed around her slender shoulders, the flirty challenge in her words and tone of voice had me mesmerized.

By far the most amazing part was how a silent aura of confidence surrounded her the entire time she'd straddled my lap. I was honored that I'd not only finally seen the shift in her but felt it.

And she's mine. Fucking finally, I have my Ellie back.

I couldn't have been happier in how she freely confessed her feelings, in particular how she wanted to start from where we were now. Every inch of my body was now indisputably hers, including the organ that thundered from inside my rib cage from the moment she'd first straddled my thighs.

Morning breath was still morning breath, which Ellie wasn't immune to, so she brushed her teeth and I showered while Ellie cooked breakfast. There wasn't an ounce of awkwardness or discomfort between us when I crept up behind her in the kitchen, wrapped my arms around her, and nuzzled my nose into her neck.

"Logan!" Her shoulder scrunched up into my ear but her soft giggle sounded like music. I pushed her shoulder back down with my chin and pressed a kiss into the side of her neck, right below her ear.

"Careful," I murmured into her skin, then breathed in her natural scent and kissed her again. "Or I'll leave a hickey here for while I'm gone."

"When do you leave?" she asked quietly, her hands busy with what looked like vegetable-something omelets.

"Bus leaves at ten-thirty for SeaTac," I replied and stood up, then pulled down two plates and glasses from the upper cabinet right when she lifted her leg up for a counter climb. "Then a three hour flight to Tucson."

"Night game though?" She plated our food, carried it out to the table, and gestured at my chair. Once I sat down, she slipped a plate with an omelet and bacon in front of me.

"Yeah." I nodded between bites of food that were perfectly cooked as usual, with flavors that I couldn't have even guessed at melted in my mouth. "Seven pm Mountain Time, so six here. I don't know when we'll get back but are you going to watch the game?"

"Of course." Her dark eyes shone at me while she took a few bites. "Charlie travels with the PT staff, so I usually watch away games with Monique. But I'll send you off with lunch and some snacks, if you want."

"I think the team feeds us on the plane but..." I paused and grinned at her. "I assume that even your cold leftovers taste better."

"I'll give you extra protein and granola bars then," she promised with a smile that faded the longer she looked at me. I set down my fork at the wistful look that came over her eyes, along with a slight pink tint across her cheeks.