Chapter 62: Logan

"I left you something on the bed." I grinned at Ellie while we walked hand-in-hand to Huskies' Stadium. "While you're watching the game."

Wes and Charlie said they'd drive me home after we got back late tonight, so Ellie and I walked over to the bus pick-up area because she was too short to fully reach my truck's accelerator and brake pedals. There was also no way I crammed my large frame into the old Volkswagen Beetle that I couldn't believe she still owned.

Whipped over Ellie aside, I still have to keep my dignity.

And my knees out of my armpits.

Gray and misty weather hung in the morning sky but Ellie's hand, soft and perfectly nestled in mine, was all I needed.

"Really?" Her eyes sparkled and her lips pulled into a beautiful smile, both of which tempted me to spill what my small gift was, but really nothing compared to the ring that now hung back around her neck and raised a small bump under her sweatshirt.

"Not as important as this." I stopped walking, lifted one finger around the chain, and lifted up the ring. In a move that twisted a knot in my chest, she clasped one hand's fingers around the ring, lifted it up to her lips, and pressed a soft kiss against it.

My hands reached out and cupped around her jawline, then my fingers stroked over the soft skin in her cheeks. After my lips brushed gently over hers, I looked straight into those doe-shaped eyes and assured her, "If anyone asks me about you, I'll say whatever you want me to."

Her hand dropped her ring, which bounced slightly against her chest, and her palm patted the center of my chest. "You've always been good about speaking from here," she replied and softly pressed one of her cheeks into my hand. "I trust you."

"So, how about an I love you message on the Jumbotron?" I teased.

"As long as it's Arizona's," she threw back at me, tilted her chin upwards as I kissed her again, then resumed our sidewalk trail towards the stadium.

"How about your name tattooed right here?" I tapped my index finger into my closest bicep. "Or the Husky Band spells it out during halftime?"

"I don't need anything..." Her hand squeezed right over mine, then she punched my shoulder lightly. "Except what I already have."

I couldn't help myself and stopped again. She huffed quietly, but smiled when my lips lowered to hers, where I kissed her softly and gently. I ignored the loud thumps in my chest like my heart wanted to break out its own love confession.

Fuck, I'm a complete sap.

"If you keep this up then you're going to miss your bus, not the best move for starting your first game," she sighed softly.

"Save these for me later." Totally whipped, I kissed Ellie's lips once more, then walked across the parking lot to the large silver bus parked near the player's entrance. About sixty cars were already parked there, which included what looked like Wes' silver Audi. Right away, the doors opened and he and Charlie stepped out, then looked in our direction.

"There you two... are..." Charlie called out to us but stopped her arm wave mid-air when her eyes bulged at our joined hands. "Are you... really? Really!?"

"Really really." Ellie nodded as a flush of pink spread across her cheeks.

"Ellie!" Charlie squealed loudly and flung her arms around Ellie's small shoulders in a giggly mess of hugs.

"Hey Wes," I casually tipped up my chin and bumped my fist against his. "Ready for Arizona?"

"Yep," was his equally casual response.