Chapter 103: Ellie

"You did... what!?" My voice cracked from how hard I screeched at Logan. We hadn't seen each other all day, then right when he walked through the door after practice, Logan dropped the bombshell on me that he'd sent my 'get the feelings out' letter about my dad to my mom.

How did he even get it? Thought I threw that away.

Tiny stings erupted in the palms of my hands from how hard my nails dug into the soft flesh. I narrowed my eyes and glared up at Logan with all the anger that now rolled through me in waves and was fairly sure I breathed like a rabid animal.

"I... uhh... sent your letter to your Mom," he replied feebly and a small wrinkle lined the side of his nose as he slightly cringed.

My left eye twitched once. "Why the fuck would you do that!?"

"She's..." One of his hands rubbed over the back of his neck. "Very convincing. I tried over and over to say it's your business, but she said your Dad wrote down what he thought -"

"I don't give a fuck what he thinks!" I roared out at him. "I know how he feels, he's holding onto guilt for what happened and regressed back to the fourteen year old version of me that was..."

My voice faded under the tightness that constricted my throat. Logan had relayed his entire conversation with Mom, whose manipulative guilt trip I saw coming from the moment he said she'd texted him, and the old me would've wondered if Logan asked me to write the letter in conspiracy with her behind my back.

Since Logan told me the second his feet walked through the door after his practice, I definitely bit back my opinions and reactions that churned inside me the longer he spoke through every detail of their conversation. While I acknowledged, at least silently to myself, the fact he hadn't heard anything from Mom until after he'd taken the picture, I still couldn't hold back how betrayed I felt.

The hell was he thinking!? Couldn't this shit wait until after exams?

My lower lip rolled under as hot tears flooded over my vision of Logan. "I... can't believe you'd do that. Behind my back!?"

"I didn't think..." Blurry Logan mumbled. "I'm sorry, Ellie."

"Me too," I whispered, stomped past him from where we stood in the living room, and grabbed a few pieces of clothing from the closet. Throughout my rough, jerky movements, my heart slammed into my chest walls, blood rushed through my veins, and my skin burned hot. Once back in the living room, I picked up all my textbooks off the stack I'd made on the dining room table and clutched them into my chest.

Logan's eyes tracked my movements and when he spoke, his voice was flooded with guilt, "Ellie -"

"Don't Ellie me!" I hurled in my harshest voice at him. "I'm staying with Charlie until I don't feel like punching you in the face, kicking you in the balls, or both!"

After I slammed our apartment door behind me, a few stomps of my feet led me to Charlie and Wes' apartment. Since my arms were full, I just banged on the bottom of the door with my foot.

A few seconds later, the lock clicked and the door opened to a half-naked Wes. His black athletic shorts hung low on his hips, his post-practice brown hair was slightly damp but stuck up in every possible direction, and his bare, hairless chest looked me right in the eyes.

"Ellie?" His deep voice sounded understandably confused as I pushed past him.

"Can I... stay here for a while?" I huffed quietly and lifted my eyes up to his. "Logan and I had a... I don't know what."

Wes' brown eyes shifted a shade darker, his jaw tightened, and when he spoke, his voice sounded more like a demand than a question, "What'd he do?"