Chapter 50: Logan

A/N: Mature content.

Full honesty. I'm a confident, cocky, borderline arrogant guy sometimes.

Complete honesty... most of the time.

One emotion I hated feeling was jealousy. I hated the coil that twisted my stomach into psychosomatic knots until I felt sick, then lines of tension that ran through my body. I hated something that I wanted, or in this case someone, that was so fucking close yet out of my reach or worse, belonged to someone else.

I wasn't a jealous guy until Ellie came back into my life, particularly the attention from guys that thankfully she had absolutely no clue about how they looked at her. But that skinny geek James struck straight into a hotbed of nerves when he kissed her, right outside our apartment.

Ellie obliterated the shit out of those feelings inside me when she grabbed me on the sidewalk outside the ZTE house and kissed me roughly.

Her lips were warm, soft, and familiar like always but she kissed me with an edge of desperation that matched mine. I was tired and irritated with the back and forth uncertainty, this girl was why I was here and I wanted her to be mine. My arms clung to her with the intensity that I wasn't going to let her go this time, not because I was jealous and controlling but I couldn't, until everything melted away and dissolved into... just me and Ellie.

After a few kisses that left my heartbeats spastic in my chest, Ellie trembled slightly and pulled off. A flash of uncertainty spread over her face, mixed not with regret but either she second-guessed her actions or wasn't sure how I felt. Neither option was acceptable to me.

Let's put that to rest.

I clenched onto her tightly and pulled her back. Her lips came back where they belonged, smashed up against mine. Her body pressed into mine, including her heart, and I wanted my claim over all of it.

Mine, mine, mine.

Her hands relaxed their chokehold grip on my shirt, then moved up and stroked through the back of her hair. The familiarity of her touch ignited a flush of excitement and relief through me and I pushed all of that back into my kisses. My lips buzzed with friction as I pressed and nipped at hers and didn't give a flying fuck who saw us.

Her lips opened for more and I was right there with her. I pushed my tongue in between the seam of her mouth and met hers. A groan of satisfaction rumbled through me as she met me stroke for stroke like an unspoken apology. There was no battle for dominance or control, just connecting, or more like reconnecting. She tasted amazing and felt like something I had no idea how I'd go so long without.

My cock fully agreed and I groaned and broke off at the twitches of movement between my legs. Ellie's dark eyes were glazed over in a beautiful haze of heated lust and relief. Since neither of us wanted to be on this sidewalk any longer, we headed back to where we belonged, together.

Home.