Chapter 85: Ellie

Poor Logan.

When Harper first mentioned the period cramp simulator idea to me over the phone last week, I was completely on board because I thought there was no way it really worked as advertised. After I'd shared Logan's fainting spell in the restaurant bathroom with Grace, her hand cuff against the back of his head had been enough retribution to me, so I'd assumed Harper's period cramp inducer was more of a joke than anything else.

The actual sensations hurt for sure, not necessarily like uterus contractions, but definitely throbs and vibrations of a dull pain shot out of my sensors' contact points once we got to level ten. While my uterus' reaction was 'Ha, I can do better,' apparently the simulator was painful for Logan and Wes. Charlie's unamused glance over at me while Wes crumpled onto the floor in a large heap showed she'd felt as little I had.

My laughs subsided right when Logan dropped onto the floor next to Wes. The sight of their two giant frames collapsed over pulled a giggle out of my mouth, but how Logan's lips quivered and combined with his softly strained, whispered begs of, "Off! Off! Off!" and tore into my heart.

Oh gosh, I didn't think it would be this bad.

Surprised was an understatement when he sat up and kissed me after I removed his sensors, then blinked up at me with wide eyes. A gleam shone across his ocean-blue irises as he gazed up at me with some mind-blown revelation, like I was Superwoman, or at least that he'd gained some newfound respect. I wasn't entirely sure which thoughts ran through his head at that moment but the intensity behind the look he gave me flooded warmth in my heart.

"Well, that was fun for Saturday night entertainment," Harper broke through the silence in Wes and Charlie's apartment. A ghost of a smirk crossed over her lips as she folded up her period cramp simulator device.

"Never again," Wes grumbled, pushed himself out of the fetal position he'd held since level seven, and, in his own Wes special way, resumed his seat on the sofa next to Charlie. "You owe me for that, Charlie."

"Break my sofa," she retorted with a grin. "And I'll buy one of those period devices and put it on you while you're sleeping."

Harper's smirk widened, then she redirected her eyes to mine. "What are we doing now?'

"What about your Dad?" I lifted my eyebrows at Harper since her direct tone implied she had a suggestion in mind, but she only shrugged and shook her head.

Guess he's working late.

"There has to be something you do, other than each other." She dragged a finger between Charlie and Wes, then me and Logan. "Thought I visited Seattle, not Snoozeville."

"We are pretty boring." I giggled softly and gently grabbed Logan's closest arm with my hand. "I'm okay with that."

"Me too," he replied and closed one of his eyes in an adorable wink that possibly fluttered my stomach.

"Okay, well now even my vagina has cavities." Harper frowned, then once my lips parted in protest, she waved a dismissive hand at me. "Yeah, happy for you and Adonis but still... bored."

Internally, every cell in my body groaned because I regretted the words as I said them, but still asked, "What did you have in mind?"

Her sky-blue eyes flashed and her lips parted into a full smile. "Let's go to a party."

"