Chapter 31: Ellie

A/N: Mature content

"Uggggghhhh..." I groaned into the wall of pressure that held a vice grip around my eyes and over my entire forehead. My eyelids felt like they were filled with cement as I pried them half open.

Charlie was wrong. Wine isn't always the solution.

A blurry, gray shape filled my entire line of vision and my cheek was pressed into a warm, soft pillow. I needed a few moments before I realized I laid on my stomach, with my right arm pinned underneath me but my left arm was hinged like a chicken wing overhead and under my pillow. While normally my nose near my armpit wasn't the most ideal sleeping position, I appreciated how I smelled like my normal soap.

I stretched my left arm out straight and my knuckles knocked into something hard. My head rolled upwards and I looked past the gray sheets at what I'd hit and realized I looked straight into a wall.

That's weird. My sheets are purple, not...

My body spasmed with tension and jolted me completely awake. Within a few silent recall moments, I knew exactly how we'd ended up like this and visually scanned myself for damage control. My lower body was bare but a quick look down showed I was in an oversized gray T-shirt. I sighed with relief that I still wore underwear and a bra, until I recognized the black lace thong set from Harper.

The one I twirled around in front of -

Something hard, warm, and heavy weighed down my ass but, below that, my bare legs were tangled up in a tornado of gray sheets. I kicked at them and unsuccessfully untangled myself, which erupted a low, raspy groan of complaint behind me.

"If this is a dream then don't wake me up," a groggy, deep voice rasped into my ears and froze my movements right away.

My eyes blinked rapidly and I recognized the gray blurriness I'd seen earlier was a pillow on my side between a mattress and a cream-colored wall. I craned my neck up by my hand and saw a dark wood headboard.

Definitely not the air mattress.

A weighted squeeze around my left ass cheek, accompanied with a low moan, tugged me until I was rolled back onto my side until I directly faced the wall. A few warm tingles later, my brain registered that a set of fingers absently rubbed over the skin under my navel.

"Just five more minutes, baby," he grumbled. With a sharp inhale, I rolled slightly backwards to confirm who I suspected I'd slept next to when the hand palmed flat across my lower belly and tugged my whole torso into a warm, hard wall and a muscular arm wrapped over my side. "Or fifty."

I flinched under the pressure against the side of my neck, as he rested his chin in the curve where my neck met my shoulder and a few waves of his breath fanned over my left ear. The hot temperature that flushed over my back told me exactly who I laid in bed with and, despite the awkwardness, recognition flooded relief through me.

But how? Or worse, why?

"Baby?" I echoed Logan's word, looked as far over my shoulder as my neck turned, and smacked my head right into his forehead.

"Ugh," he complained with a low groan but opened his eyes. For one moment he smiled lazily, adorably almost, at me and gently tugged me closer against his torso. Right when his eyes slid back closed, they shot open. The hard wall against my back froze up completely and his hand lifted off my stomach like my skin was on fire.

This is so embarrassing.

"Ellie?" Logan's voice croaked out with a hint of confusion, probably because at this point I wriggled like I tried to release myself from a straight jacket.