Chapter 40: Logan

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face, a weighted warmth that tickled my lower abdomen, a stiff hardon pressed against my underwear, and my entire left arm covered in sensations like needles poked into my skin. A hard surface pressed right into my left shoulder, which explained why my arm was asleep, but my smile grew wider when I saw Ellie had snuggled up against me. Her left arm rested halfway over me, her hand flat below my navel, where her thumb stroked into my skin.

As for the hardon... Self-explanatory.

Her soft breaths alternated with slight gasps and drool slid out of the corner of her mouth closest to my arm, which explained the damp spot in my armpit. I rolled my lips inward and suppressed a laugh at her state, but was relieved she at least looked like she'd slept soundly.

And even better, next to me.

My eyes blinked at the ten am time on my dresser clock. While Ellie and I's heavy conversation kept us up late last night, I was surprised at how late we'd slept in. The day after game days, the team had a light recovery workout at three pm, then an hour of game film study for the next opponent, an away game at the University of Arizona.

They also use a three-four defense, so similar setup. Away game though, so we'll see what they bring on their home turf...

Darrius and Kade need to work on their hand-off reactions.

My lighter schedule today meant I had a few hours for the grocery store and homework, then hopefully just relaxed tonight. I wasn't sure what Ellie's schedule was but she'd mentioned she did her blog updates on the weekend and, hopefully sooner than later, needed to get the new sofa.

"Morning," my armpit mumbled to me. I inhaled sharply when she stretched out her arm, fisted her hand, and rubbed her knuckles right near my not-half-deflated-for-much-longer erection.

"Hey," I croaked out, not raspy from sleep but effort as I mentally willed myself flaccid with any football-related thoughts that came to mind. My cock had its own ideas and swelled larger towards the source of friction.

"Oh gosh!" Ellie's body tensed along my side and she yanked her arm back right when my tip pressed into the side of her hand. My shoulder warmed with what I assumed was the embarrassment I heard when she said, "I'm so sorry, I just -"

"You want to wake me up that way, I have zero complaints," I teased.

While Ellie groaned quietly in response, I titled my head down and met her still-sleepy gaze. She rolled off me and I wiggled my left hand's fingers until some of the feeling came back into my arm.

"No, sorry." She blinked open her eyes, then a slight shade of pink filled her cheeks when her fingers touched the damp corner of her lips. "Guess I still drool over you."

"Your words, not mine." Despite her definite morning appearance, I grinned down at her. With her slightly messy hair, bleary eyes, and morning breath, I still would've kissed her if she'd asked. "But again, no complaints."

She rolled onto her side and looked at me with now fully open, doe-shaped eyes. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Just did," I chuckled at myself, which only earned me a soft push into my still-numb left shoulder.

With my mind still on a good morning kiss and a lot more wishful thinking from my cock, I definitely hadn't expected when she asked, "What's with the boxes of condoms?"

Of all the questions she could've asked after our talk last night, that wasn't what I expected. I couldn't help myself but laughed until my shoulders and chest shook the bed slightly. I hadn't considered the possibility that she'd seen them when she brought my change of clothes after the guys took them after practice.