36. First Encounter with Eri

The next day, I went to my hero studies place. I was surprised to see Izuku there as well. He told me a few hours after I went he went too so yeah. Anyway, today we just had to go on patrol around the city. Sir NightEye went with Bubble Girl, and Mirio, Izuku and I went another way.

We were walking around the city, when a little girl bumped into me. She had long blue hair and red eyes, she looked around 5 or 6.

"Hey, are you okay? You took a little tumble there." I say going down to her height. "Are you... okay?"

She was breathing heavily and she looked scared. I slowly moved my hand up to her and she flinched.

"Its okay, I'm not going to hurt you." I reassure her.

I placed my hand on her shoulder and she then jumped into my arms. She held me tight and she didn't let go. I looked up to Izuku and Mirio, they weren't looking at me anymore, I followed their eyes to a figure standing in front of me.

It was Overhaul.

"Sorry, my daughter she has temper tantrums all the time." Overhaul said as if this was normal. "Come on Eri lets go."

The little girl who must be Eri, clung on to me more, she didn't want to let go. Her breathing was heavy, but she wasn't shaking. And she clearly didn't want to go with Overhaul.

"Okay, we will just be on our way then." Mirio said

"Please don't go." Eri whispered to me and she held me even tighter.

I didn't move a muscle. I wasn't going to let Eri go. I stared Overhaul dead in the eye.

"Her breathing is erratic but her body isn't shaking, does that seem normal to you?" I ask making Mirio stop

Overhaul pinched his nose and sighed. "I prefer if we didn't talk about this in daylight."

He began to walk back into the shadows, I picked up Eri and followed Mirio in there. Overhaul began speaking to us but he didn't face us.

"You know kids and their temper tantrums." Overhaul said

"You bet!" Mirio said, Izuku and I shared a look.

"Come on Eri, lets go." Overhaul opened a hole in his gloves and Eri jumped out of my hands and ran to him.

"Eri-" I went to go after her but Mirio cut me off and stopped me from moving

"You finally stopped having a tantrum." Overhaul said as Eri went to him. "I really do apologize for that little scene back there."

Overhaul goes back into the shadows with Eri. Mirio, Izuku and I are left in the alley. Mirio lets go of my arm that held me back.

"We should tell Sir NightEye." Mirio says as he walks out of the alley.

We find our way through the city. It starts to rain as we see Sir NightEye and Bubble Girl. We tell them about what happened but Sir NightEye gives us a little lecture about it and then tells us not to worry about it.

We continue on with out patrol and nothing happens, the entire time I think about Eri. Who was she? Where is she? Is she okay? Should I have gone after her? On her arms and legs there were bandages. She looked scared, I should have gone after her. But Sir NightEye said he would do something about it, I could trust him, right?

The next day when on the way to Hero Study's, Tsu, Kirishima and Uraraka went the same way as me and Izuku. We got on the same train, walked the same direction and went into the same building. We even went to the same room we were called to.

When we walked in to the room, a whole load of heroes were talking and sitting around. Some of them I knew, others were most likely local heroes. One hero stood out to me, it was Mr. Aizawa.

"Mr. Aizawa? What are you doing here?" Kirishima asked.

"I was called here last minute." Mr. Aizawa replied. "And please call me anything but 'Mr. Aizawa' in public"

"Can I call ya uncle Shota?" I asked already knowing the answer

"No." Aizawa looked at me with an annoyed look on his face

"Worth a shot." I mumble to myself.

"Do you know why we are here?" Uraraka asked.

"No, as I said they just called me last minute." Aizawa said

After a little chat they asked us all to sit down, I sat between Mirio and Izuku. Sir NightEye told us about something, but I didn't know technical hero words so I had no idea what was going on. A hero next to Izuku made that point pretty clear. The reason for why we were here only click in when Sir NightEye mention Eri. The guilt hits me when they mentioned she was like a hostage. If I went after her I could of saved her.

Izuku, Mirio and I all stated that we would help look for her, but Sir NightEye declined that. He said we would be used when needed. I didn't agree with that but I couldn't do anything about that. Sir NightEye also said that Mirio, Izuku, Kirishima, Uraraka, Tsu and I wasn't allowed to tell anyone at UA.

HII

OMG! Thank you so much for 1K! Damn, this book isn't even finished yet. Thank you for reading! 

Making sure to eat and drink water. I'm watching you. You simp for Mineta and endeavour if you don't do shit rn.