46. Weekend

Today, we didn't have school. It was a weekend. But yet we still had a visit from someone. The Wild-wild-pussy-cats came to see us. Kota had the same shoes as Izuku and got a bit embarrassed when his aunt pointed it out. Later that day, I spent some time with Shoto. 

We got the permission to leave the campus. We both decided to go on a date to the cafe. It was slightest cold out so we wore warm clothes. It was a little bit awkward at first.

"So...what do we do?" Todoroki asked

"I was going to ask you." I say, forcefully laughing.

"Well, why don't we talk....about something." He says sitting down as I take a seat next to him.

"How is school going?" I ask, the first thing that comes to my mind.

"One, we have the same class and two, you sound like my mother." he says with some humor.

There was some silence for a second or two. He just stared at me for a while. I didn't know what to do, the way he was staring at me made me feel insecure. He looked so perfect. he studied my entire face before speaking again.

"Your so beautiful." He says, dreamily.

I smiled in a 'i can't speak anymore, that was too cute' way. I grabbed his face softly and kissed his cheeks. He blushed and smiled at me, before doing the same. I tried to think of something to spark a conversation. The it came to me, I grinned as I thought about it.

"Hey Shoto." I say in an innocent voice

"yeah?" He replies

"Is it true, you keep on freezing peoples showers for no reason at all?" I ask with a sweet smile.

"...no" He lied, obviously.

"Really, because I'm pretty sure all the girls had to help Hagekure out of the ice that week. And I heard Iida had to break him self out. And Mina said she had to destroy her shower to get out of the ice. And-" I began to say everything I heard.

"Okay, fine. yes, I did. I was bored" He mumbled as he crossed his arms and leaned back into the chair.

The lady who was serving us came up to us and asked what ew would like to order. She looked to be our age, she had pink dye to the ends of her blonde hair. She was also looking at Shoto with a sweet smile.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked us. Or well, it looked like she just asked him.

"Bacon and eggs to share, as well as pancakes to share." Shoto says not taking his eyes off me.

"And drinks?" The lady asks again.

Shoto looked to me with a 'you can decide' look. I looked back up to the waitress who was still looking at Shoto.

"Two Oero milkshakes, thank you" I say.

"Coming right up."  The waitress smile in a seductive way to Shoto, yet he was still looking at me. When she left she gave a nasty look to me.

I take my eyes off her and look back to Shoto, who is still looking at me.

"What?" I ask, worried I had something on my face.

"Your so pretty." He says.

"You already said that!" I laugh as I ruffle his hair. "You wanna hear a joke?"

"Of course." Shoto say, readjusting his posture.

"What is Forrest Gump's password?" I ask. "1Forrest1"

There was a silence. Shoto's face became all weird an displaced. His breathing also went weird. 

"Thats- Thats not funny." He said, trying not to laugh

"Was it not?" I ask, smirking at his face.

We both talk for a while and within the next 20 minutes, our food and drinks come. The smells fills the air and we both dig in. The food was great and we finished at around 11:40am. We shared the bill and went down the street to a book store.

"What is the best book you've ever read?" I ask him, as I browse the shelves.

"I like the book called Wonder and Hunger Games" Shoto says, pikcing up a Harry Potter book. "what about you?"

"I like a lot of book." I say going around the corner. "Twilight, The Hobbit, Lord of the Ring, Harry Potter, Hunger games and stuff like that."

"I have an idea" Shoto says as he grabs something from his pocket. "How about we get each other three books?" He pulls out his fathers credit card.

"Shoto, you can't-" I say, trying not to laugh. "Alright fine, I'll look for books for you"

I look around the bookshop. I don't know what he likes so I got him a collection of different books. I picked up Pride and Prejudice, The Shining and How to kill a Mockingbird. I've only read How to kill a Mockingbird, but I heard the other two books were good. When I found Shoto again, he already had the books for me. He got me Moxie, Pride and Prejudice and The year after you. 'He paid' for the books and we were on our way again. 

This time we went to a park that was empty. He pushed me on the swings for a while then I pushed him (Sorta). We laughed and joke.

By the time it was 2:34, we were both hungry. Shoto brought me to a near-by Mochi store and brought a box of Mochi. We only had three each before we were full. (Have you guys ever had Mochi, try it. It is the best thing ever!!!) We still had a few left-over so we carried them around with us.

We walked back to the train station and waited for our train. We sat next to each other when it arrived. From where it stopped it was a 15 minute walk back to UA. We held hands and walked back. We got back at around 4:10. I put the Mochi in the fridge at the very back so Mina wouldn't find it.

We heard some commotion from the living room and went to check it out. 

It was Endeavour...

He was fighting a Nomu on the screen...

He looked to be losing...

Nobody spoke a word as the reporter narrated what was happening. Endeavour was having a hard time winning against the Nomu, the Nomu also seemed to be talking. Another hero, Hawks, was also helping out.

Shoto grabbed my hand as he watched what was happening. He was shaking ever so slightly. I know he hates his father, but recently Endeavour has been trying to make up for it, Shoto won't ever forgive him for it, but he doesn't hate his father like he did when I first met him.

The screen was cutting in and out a few times, Mr. Aizawa had shown up at the dorms as well. Shoto's eyes were glued to the screen. Endeavour was beat up pretty badly. The Nomu looked to be winning and Endeavour soon fell to the ground life-less. Shoto squeezed my hand hard, but let go of his grip when Endeavour got back up. The camera cut for a second or two and the Nomu and Endeavour were in the sky surrounded by flames.

They then came crashing down, and the Nomu was out. Endeavour held a pose similar to All Might's when he finished. Shoto let out a steadily breath and let go of my hand. He went into a crouch and closed his eyes while resting his fingers on each other. I went down with him.

For wat seemed to be the first time, Shoto Todoroki was worried (A tiny bit) for his own father.