CHAPTER : 72

The court trials were exhausting, specially for Clement.

He wouldn't have end up in this situation if he didn't follow his father.

Clement and Samuel were given cells next to each other,and he never wanted to talk to Samuel ever again.

It was 12'o clock, in the midnight when Samuel's raspy laugh echoed through the dark cells.

Clement stiffened when hearing his laugh, was he mocking him?

"Digging your own grave might be what you've done there." Samuel said, sitting up from his bed that was laid with only a thin blanket.

As much as I want to say Samuel was wrong, I do feel bad for him.
He has been through so many things, losing his parents, losing his first love, then losing his only legitimate child who was sleeping next to his cell.

That might be why he turned out this way.

Hearing no reply, he sighed, and coughed, the food given was obviously not tasty at all. The water, who knows what water was served.

"I know I'm wrong. I was always wrong. But the only thing I never wanted to believe was that my people would abandon me. But I somehow did things to lose both of you." He said, his voice almost cracking from embarrassment.

"Is Jane your legitimate daughter?" Clement asked, not getting up from bed, only wanted to know answers.

He laughed in reply before saying ,"No."

Clement raged in anger but didn't say anything.

"I wanted her to be my daughter in law. She had potential, and she followed my orders very carefully. Almost giving a higher level satisfaction then any other trainee did. " He said, Clement scrunched his nose when he said the word 'satisfaction'

"I might have killed two innocents for my greed. But after that I've never ever killed any innocent. The only reason I'm still connected to the Mafia's because I wanted to find Jungkook. It took me years to find him."

Samuel wanted to talk everything out with him before he is sentenced to death. It was a great shame since he was known to be very loyal and honest officer, but he didn't care what the netizens would think of him.

"He was the last sign of her and him." He voiced out.

Clement felt bad, how is it that this man could talk his way out every fucking time?

"I loved Jane wholeheartedly. But when I found out she is my step sister, I couldn't continue that relationship." He said after being silent the whole time, if only he knew Jane wasn't his stepsister. They would have been together.

"I know."

Clement was jailed because he was a mafia, and being caught in a situation like that day, it was unlikely the cops would let him go. He agreed to being jailed because Jane promised him she would take him out of here.

"Jane, she's one of a kind. Somehow training her to be my strongest weapon turned out to be deadly." Samuel laughed.

•×•

Jane visited the next day, for Clement. She couldn't just let him be, because if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have been free right now. Besides, he never did anything wrong anyway except being connected to Mafia's.

"How's the trial going on?" Clement asked in a very cracked voice, oh god he might have not eaten anything due to his very particular taste. Even when they were dating, he always seemed to be very choosy with his food.

She chuckled internally, it's not like she still has feelings for him, it's just that he's been there when she was at her lowest. And after knowing he didn't cheat on her, she felt relief. But one question struck, Who was her parent if not Samuel?

"I got you your food." She said, pursed her lips awkwardly before handing him the package.

He laughed, "I knew you couldn't get over me." He joked which made Jane scoff. But she couldn't help but smile.

"You're probably on the safe side.
You will be jailed for 5 or 6 months, we'll try to reduce it. Besides you deserve to be jailed." She stated and gave him the documents, it was statements given by the judiciary.

He laughed again, "at this point, I don't care if I'm in prison or not. There will be no one controlling me at least."

She nodded, sadly it was the truth. He had been controlled all his life.

"You won't meet him?" He asked her.

She hesitated a bit, but eventually, she nodded. "It's better I don't meet him. I don't have anything to say."

He just looked at her, and every single time he looks at her, he finds many reason why he fell for her. Jungkook's a very lucky guy, having a girl like her beside him, must be nice.

"Eat up. After I go, I doubt they'll let you eat in peace." She stated, feeling awkward because he has been staring at her

He nodded and smiled, she waited for him to finish his food.

"Isn't Jungkook waiting for you?" He asked, wiping his mouth with a tissue.

She shook her head, "nope. He was busy."

He scoffed, "yeah ,liar. Busy watching the Cameras stalled in this room."

With that Jane burst into laughter, making him chuckle too.
It was true, Jungkook was currently watching the Cameras so that he can see what's happening between the two.