CHAPTER : 59

"Okay, so Taehyung, Are you sure of it?"

"Yes, Jane, Yes. You've asked me, like 20 times the past half an hour." Taehyung groans, yawning and laying on his bed.

"How can you be calm about it?" Jane panicked and slapped his butt, "sit up!"

"I like her. I like her. Liking someone isn't wrong."

Jane calmed herself, taking deep breaths, and then looking at the man with serious eyes.

"Tell me for the last time. You really like her?"

"Yup" he popped the 'p' making it very very very obvious he likes Koral.

"Okay, Sure. Let me drink water, bye."

"Wait!" Taehyung stopped Jane from leaving his room, suddenly having a goody smile on his lips.

Jane had a confused expression.

"Jane, C-can you help me get Koral?"

•¶•

"Namjoon Hyung, what do you think of Koral?" Jungkook tried to sound nochalant.

"She is strong headed. What about her?" He simply answered, still in his book.

"Um, I was having doubts on her. I wanted to ask you for opinions." Namjoon nodded.

"And hyung, does any of you like her?"

Namjoon's eyebrows knit in confusion on why would the maknae start questioning weird questions.

"I don't know. How will I know if any of us like her? If you're saying in general ,yes she is a nice girl. If you're saying the passionate one, from my side, I don't like her romantically." He shrugged, now paying attention to the maknae.

The maknae nodded and hummed, "okay, hyung thanks."

"But why do you ask?"

The question put jungkook in an awkward situation, trying to find an excuse.

"Umm Jane said Koral has been single for too long...um a-and that's why asked if any of you were interested!" He answered, his mind was sure that if Jane knew this, she would chew him alive.

Namjoon's face turned into an awkward gentlemen, nervously laughing. "Ahh ok. Ask others if they do. I asure, that I don't like her."

•×•

When Jane walked into the kitchen, finding Koral drinking water.

Koral smiled awkwardly, while Jane glared at her. She walked past Koral and went for the fruits, she came here for water too but seeing her drinking water ,her thirst died down.

"J-jane, about yesterday..." Koral trailed.

"You were an idiot." She answered and leaned against the counter, biting on her apple.

"Fine fine call me whatever you want. I'm sorry okay?" She apologized and Jane knew she didn't mean the sorry at all.

"Stop pretending to be sorry when you clearly aren't. I know you're hiding something, from you agreeing to come with me till here and then suddenly burst out, then running away as if you'd done something very wrong." Jane said, making Koral's face very pale.

"I-i ..it was just a burst out." She excused and Jane laughed internally.

Jane knew something was wrong, it just doesn't sit right. Others would see as if nothing is unusual but from her perspective, She saw Koral scared. The way Koral was nibbling with her finger, biting her lips to scratching her head. She was clearly hiding something. Most importantly, she ain't holding eye contact.

"Koral, tell me before it's too late for me to trust you again. I hope I don't sense any trouble on the boys. If you're here to hurt me or take me away, you can do it. But when it comes to them, stop before I hate you and revenge on you." With that, Jane left the kitchen.

Leaving Koral there, with shaky eyes, and nervous.

Jane knew it was wrong for her to protect the boys because clearly they were criminals. But a part of her had already made family in them. As if they were just normal people living a quiet life on the forest side.
No matter how many times she tried to convince herself that they are criminals, their behaviours gave it off.

And a part of her hoped that The Uk isn't a Mafia group.

•×•

JANE'S P.O.V

I went to Namjoon, trying to consult something with him.

"Namjoon, you there?"

"Yes, come in" I  heard a faint voice answering.

I smiled and entered the library.

"You needed anything?" He asked, looking away from his book.

"I just wanted to tell you something." I said, sitting infront of him on the arm chair.

"Oh wait, is it about Koral being single for too long and you wanted me to court her?" Namjoon hurriedly said, making me confused

"What?"

"Yeah, jungkook told me that you wanted koral to date someone because she'd been single for too long.
And I was the first target."

I now understood, I pursed my lips and clenched my fists, trying not to run to Jungkook and beat the shit out of him.

I smiled with tight lips, "no, I'm not here for that."

"Oh" Namjoon sighed in relief, closing his book and paying attention to what I was tryna say.

"Um, Namjoon I had something very important to say. Although I'm not sure if I'm correct but I sense something very wrong. About Koral."

"I sense nothing's wrong with Koral. Maybe she is just anxious that she is living with us, because she is a rookie officer and on the first year she is living with Us. So obviously there will be some odd behaviour." Namjoon explained and I gave a second thought, maybe he is correct.

But my guts were telling me there is more than this.

"But-"

"Jane, don't take stress. Just try talking to her for this. If she talks to you, maybe she will open up. About what she thinks." He smiled assuring, and she nodded.

"Okay, maybe I'm overthinking." She murmered and left the library, she decided to walk to Jin, who was with Jimin and Hoseok.