Chapter 18

Hello. So, I'm not sure where this is going at all and I'm tired as fuck but I wanted to update, so here it is. Just let me know what you think and in which direction you would like things to go. I'm open for suggestions. 

-------------

A jangly melody started up and a phone buzzed against the nightstand.

"Tell her to fuck off!" The soft but grumpy voice of Lewis grumbled from the side of the bed. The owner of the phone sat up, in order to answer but he didn't. He was with Lewis so his will to talk with his wife was very little. The German took a few seconds to sit on the bed and savor the heat behind him. He didn't have it in him. Leaving the bed and Lewis's warm embrace to probably fight with his wife over the phone wasn't something he wanted to do under any circumstances.

The Brit wiggled free from the blanket to through his arms around Nico's neck from behind. His legs tangled off the bed left and right from his lover's hip as he closed his arms around Nico's middle.

"You're all mine." He whispered against his neck, causing Nico to smile softly, as he felt Lewis's lips tracking wet kisses down from his ear, over his neck towards his shoulder. How much he wished he would be all his. Nico exhaled, before he brushed Lewis's hair behind his ear, to see his beautiful warm brown eyes.

"I can't ignore her. We're married." Nico told him promptly and silent, but the Brit felt somewhat offended. Lewis let go of him, before he laid down on the bed again, looking up to him exceptionally, like he waited for the German to say something else, but as he didn't Lewis rolled his eyes while turning away from him, before snuggling into Nico's pillow.

"Lew, come on you know that's how it is." Lewis did know, but he hated it. At first, it was okay or at least that what Lewis told himself. They always went out together with their friends, hanging around each other in general and they liked to crash parties together most likely a Ferrari or Red Bull party.

Back then they spent more and more time with each other, even their holiday in Kenia, while Vivi was waiting for Nico at home in Monaco. He had told her that it would be a holiday with the boys. Well, in the end, it was 10 days of romantic safari with Lewis. Lewis didn't care that much, he loved watching all these majestic animals in their natural environment and pointing them out like a little excited kid, which caused Nico to smile at him every now and then so gentle and soft. It felt like they were having a real relationship until Nico's wife called. Telling him that she was pregnant. Not even one holiday just for them. Sometimes Lewis wondered if they never were meant to be, but did it feel so good then?

"I wish you didn't have to go," Lewis mumbled into the pillow like a little kid which caused Nico to recall how young Lewis has remained in certain ways. The German sighed gently. This sentimental act was joined by a hand stroking down Lewis's back. Sighing again, as Lewis refused to react to the German's touch, Nico stood up and pulled his pants on. Before he'd gotten all his clothes on, some shifting on the bed could be heard from the other end of the bedroom and drew his attention to their bed. Slowly he walked over to join Lewis on the bed again.

"I won't stay," he said, turning back to squeeze the hand of the man behind him. Lewis looked up at him, nearly tearing him apart with the look in his soft brown eyes. Nico knew he was hurting Lewis every time he left the Brit in order to be with Vivi, a woman he no longer felt love for.

Sometimes he wondered if it would change anything if he would tell Lewis about his divorce. If he would tell him, that he will only fly home to finalize the end of his marriage. Maybe he should tell him, but in the end, he couldn't forget Joanna's expression as he told her and Lewis that he would marry Vivi. The young Austrian was a child back then, but she made him understand that when he would marry Vivi, he would never again be worth of Lewis. There was no going back, even though the Austrian had clearly told him to just go for it when he was divorced merely a few months back but Lewis deserved better.