SEQUEL - Chapter 16

So, yeah. Hello, welcome back, I guess. Time is running. Am I the only one who feels like the last update was just yesterday? This is the last prewritten chapter I have, which means I need to do some work until I can update again, so it might be a while. But I guess this is better than nothing. I hope you enjoy it and ....yes that's it. Nothing else to say but cheers! That's my new favourite word but I guess you already noticed that. Anyways, I'm saying it again once more, just because it was so beautiful the first time. Cheers! 

<><><>

Organising a flight to Austria was more time consuming than Max had expected it to be. At home in Monaco, all he had to do was make a call, but here, it was a bureaucratic nightmare. He was just glad that Kiwi had had the mind to leave Joanna's bag at the gate with one of the security guards, so they were able to pick up Joanna's passport and other important things, but by the time they did that, the other teams they could have asked for a lift were already gone as well and Max would rather die than to fly commercial with the possibility of having some reporters on their flight, but it had been fine.

"They have a plane for us. Not what you're used to, but it will do." Max said as he came over to Joanna. The Austrian had taken a seat as soon as they had entered the lounge, leaving Max to talk to the woman at the counter. She just needed a quiet moment and Max had understood. They would have to face a storm in Austria after what just happened. And after what Max had learned yesterday.

Nodding once, Joanna went to hand Max her credit card, but the Dutchman declined. He wasn't used to someone else getting their card when a bill was to be taken care of. Kelly never bothered, and neither did his parents or his sister. He had the money after all.

"Don't bother. I've got it." He said not looking at the Austrian, but rather looking over his own shoulder towards the screen with the flight departure times. Lowering the card after a moment with a soft exhale.

"Thanks, but you really don't have to." The Austrian answered but Max ignored her. He was already walking back to the counter to fill out the forms, so they could finally leave.

Joanna had been surprisingly quiet while she waited for Max to sort everything out. Standing next to him, the Austrian was emotionally drained, but she didn't feel at risk, quite the contrary actually. She knew that Max was keeping an eye on her from where he was standing next to her at the counter filling out paperwork so they could leave this godforsaken country.

The Austrian had watched as Max had filled out her forms as well, knowing all these personal things he had to fill out by heart. Her birthday, fully name, social security number and many more things. All Joanna had to do as Max finally put the pen down was sign her form before they finally boarded the plane, and they were on their way to Austria. Home, a voice deep inside of Joanna reminded her, but she wasn't so sure about that.

"Can I ask you something?" Max asked after a while. The Dutchman had taken the seat opposite from the Austrian and had read through a car magazine for quite some while before getting bored of it or more likely too curious about the woman sitting opposite of him.

"Always." The Austrian allowed, before resting her head against the backrest again, her legs pulled up on the seat as well to be more comfortable. It was a short flight from France to Austria but long enough to get comfortable. And Joanna seemed to be endlessly tired all the time.

"Why did you even have them?" The Dutchman wanted to know which caused Joanna to grimace, but by now, the younger Mercedes driver had calmed down enough to have a normal conversation. The stress was over and now she was only tired and worried about which story the media would spin even though she could simply ignore it, she won't be on the grid for much longer anyway.