SEQUEL - Chapter 25

Ladies and gentlemen welcome back. This is the final chapter. I feel like I've written endlessly about Austria but I guess this is the grand finale. Anyways, I hope you have a good day and that this chapter puts a little smile on your face even though you know, it's drama as always. So, please enjoy reading, it's like super long, over 8 k and I absolutely love the beginning of this chapter. Warning major character death. I always say that I wanted to say something but that I forgot it by the point I start writing the note, this time I remember. Wattpad hates me. The comment section rarely works which is why I often reply to comments very late or not at all. It's strange but I try my best to answer anyways. Soo, what else is there to say other than... Cheers! 

<><><>

Every time she tried to get into the zone, something else popped up in her mind. Her fight with Max was the most prominent thought. It played out in front of her eyes like a movie, and she hated every second of it. There wasn't much she could do now, time was running out, but like this, Joanna couldn't drive.

Glancing over to the other side of the track where Max was sitting leaning against the wall which separated the grandstand and the track, Joanna felt his eyes on her. There were staring at each other again, the media will love it, she was sure about it.

Joanna always felt the intimacy at the moment when their gazes met. There is a certain kind of satisfaction in knowing that no matter when she looked at him, he was already looking back, but as of lately this satisfaction, this reassurance had turned into stone-cold guilt which was pooling in the pit of her stomach.

The words 'please stop loving me' were dancing on the tip of Joanna's tongue. Taking up all his heart was unjust, and she felt terrible knowing that she had bewitched him. Love can't run that deep, it must have been a spell.

Don't look back at me, look ahead

It was dark and twisted. The feeling deep inside of her. She wanted Max, more than anything in this world but was it right to want something so desperately that hurt other people so much? Wasn't she taking him hostage, the bewitched man, who had no other choice but to love her?

We must part, I don't want to pull you under with me

Joanna knew she was dark and twisted, but at the same time, she fought against it. She wanted Max to be free, with every lamely muttered "you're too good for me", she tried to rescue him. Tried to make him scream and fight himself alive again, but he didn't want to, and Joanna didn't understand why.

Please swim, please you must swim when I drown

The Austrian had seen all the scares she had left on his skin. Every time she had disappointed or failed him another one was scratched into his skin. Joanna didn't understand how he could be so calm, how his heart was big enough to forgive even though his forgiveness for her had finally run out. But has it, did Max really not have it in him to forgive her again? But you don't stop the rain by telling it to stop either.

Not paying attention to her surrounding, Joanna took a step in Max's direction and then another, until Kiwi stopped her. A worried expression on her face, asking a question Joanna couldn't answer. She didn't know what she was doing. The reminder that the race was about to start pulled her from her thought for now. Long enough to accept the medallion Kiwi had put around her neck. Touching it gently, Joanna thanked her Aussie friend shortly with a smile, before her eyes caught Max's again.

He was still looking, even though he shouldn't.

Looking at Joanna, all Max felt was longing with a little bit of anger burning in his heart, but not at the Austrian, he was angry at himself for saying things just to hurt her, just to make her stay away from him. His anger burned hot and all-consuming but never for long, not when it was about Joanna, so he didn't feel pain when he looked at her.