SEQUEL - Chapter 14

So, I just decided to put around 6 k out here so there won't be a new update all too soon, just so you know. I apologise for nothing, but I guess you will enjoy this one, even though it will be messy but the best things are. Enjoy reading. Cheers

<><><>

F1 – Flash News Exclusive 23rd June 2019

AN ALLEY FULL OF SECRETS

FRANCE – show us all you got!

Joanna Lauda and Max Verstappen have provided us with quite a show over the last few races which seemed to have put the rest of the grid in their shadow. At first, we were all delighted about the change. Suddenly there was a Red Bull up there really fighting a mightily Mercedes, but by now I'm actually worried.

This little fight between Lauda and Verstappen seemed not at all to be professional any longer. After a passionate race or qualifying these two tend to pull each other to the side to have some rather heated words with each other.

Or even before the race started. And there is where the story lies.

On Thursday, I've seen Joanna visit the medical centre here at the track, which is rather unusual on its own, but what happened after she left it again was more of a story than I had hoped when the day started. It seemed as if I wasn't the only one to be curious about why Lauda was in the medical facility in the first place or why she left with her hand holding her arm. Verstappen, who happened to walk by, stopped her, said something before pulling her into an alley which is more than strange, isn't it?

I waited for them to come back for a very long time. At one point I started thinking that they left through the other side of the alley but after over two hours I saw a very familiar woman with golden hair. Lauda left first, looking totally shattered, her eyes red from crying, displeased and not listening to Verstappen, who was following her out of the alley. He had reached for her arm again, but Lauda was fast to pull it away before stalking off. Verstappen had stood there for a moment longer seemingly angry with himself or Lauda before he turned around and walked in the opposite direction of her.

Make out of what I've seen whatever you want to, but now we know it's definitely something personal between the two of them, the question which still remains is what are they for each other and how are their teams going to react to my little article here. Writing down what I've seen isn't a crime and I would love to hear Lauda's and Verstappen's side of the story. We're here to listen if they want to tell us something.

23rd June 2019 – FRANCE

Alain was talking with Mika shortly before the race in the paddock when he saw Joanna with her performance coach walking from the facility towards the garage. He couldn't stop himself and allowed his eyes to follow the Austrian on every step she took, which caused Mika to push his shoulder against the Frenchman's.

"They grow up so fast, huh?" He asked which caused Alain to nod. If only the other one knew.

Letting his gaze wander over the paddock he watched journalists who stuck their heads together whenever Joanna or Verstappen passed them. The Austrian hadn't told him what the alley visit was about, but Alain had done his best to shut them all down. He was protecting his goddaughter after all, and the team had decided to not acknowledge something a blogger had written with no pictures as a form of poof.

He was highly worried after Joanna mentioned that she had visited her mother and that the trip wasn't as she had expected it but at the same time, she had never expected anything else either. All Alain could do was hug her close to his chest and promise that he would make sure she would never again have to see that woman. Joanna had smiled slightly, before saying that the universe wasn't letting her off the hook so easily. The Frenchman didn't know what she meant with that, but he had made sure to tell Kiwi to keep a close eye on the Austrian. Just to make absolutely sure.