SEQUEL - Chapter 47

So, hello. I have a little something for you guys. Actually, I should have cut it at least into two parts, but yeah after waiting for so long, I wanted you guys to have something to hopefully enjoy. Thank you all for the well wishes for my exams, I thankfully survived and hopefully there will be a bit more activity in the time to come. Maybe I will start a side project or two, so let me know what you always wanted to read, maybe I can make some wishes come true. Please let me know what you think about the chapter and enjoy reading. Cheers! 

<><><>

"There is no issue in organising some sand. We could even use part of the greenhouse as a beach, if you want to." Adrian told Joanna, who was holding Henry in her arms, again while watching as David assisted Max in getting all their necessary luggage into the car.

"It's not really about the sand." Joanna pointed out again, earning herself a soft exhale from the old Austrian. He did not like the idea of them driving all the way, through half of Europe to get to Zandvoort even the tiniest pit. Joanna was still weakened from giving birth and Henry was a newborn, taking them across half of the continent for a road trip sounded outright ridiculous to the Austrian, who had not missed a single opportunity to point that out since he had been told about the family's decision. Max was close to shaping at the Austrian that he knew what he was doing and what was best for his family that morning at breakfast as Adrian made another comment about how preferable it would be to just stay in the Lauda House until Henry was older.

"We will be back before you know it." Joanna added earning herself a short nod from Adrian. At least they weren't flying, he thought. But that was about the only positive thing he could find about this trip. Their presence in Zandvoort could become a huge security issue, they were going on their own after all, not a single staff member taken with them, which offended Adrian a little bit. Not that he would ever leave the Lauda house for longer than for a short shopping trip or for a doctor's visit. He was born in the Lauda house as the son of the former head of staff and he would die in the Lauda House doing his duty if he had his way.

"Are we ready to go?" Max wanted to know, finally storing away the last of the bags full of useful things for Henry. Logically, Max knew that he couldn't take his Honda NSX on this trip, there wasn't enough space in the car for luggage and a third and fourth seat were missing but he somehow felt bitter about having to drive a Mercedes-AMG GT. At least Joanna had taste and the car was a metallic blue, it almost made up for the fact that it was a Mercedes.

"I don't see why not." Joanna said before looking at Adrian, giving him the chance to give them a good reason not to go, a final opportunity to let them know about his opinion, but the Austrian said nothing this time.

"We will take good care of everything in your absence as usually." He promised instead which caused Joanna to smile at him, before reaching out and squeezing his arm. "I know you will. Thank you, Adrian." The Austrian said, before she moved to get Henry into his car seat, which caused Adrian to step over to Max, only for the Dutchman to raise an eyebrow.

"I understand that you are aware of the delicate state of mind she's of right now?" Adrian said to the Dutchman, who glanced at him for a moment. The Red Bull driver wasn't a fan of people telling him how to take care of his fiancée, but he understood that Adrian was just worried about her, so he let it slip for now.

"It will do her good. She can get back to driving, do what she loves and relax a bit. It will do us all good." Max told Adrian, willing himself to believe that this would be the solution, who nodded after a moment.

"Should anything accrue, we're only one call away." He kindly reminded Max, before wishing safe travels, causing Max to look at Adrian once more before moving over to the car. David, Emma and Patrick joining Adrian to see the little family off.

"Wanna drive?" Max asked Joanna just as she closed the back door after making sure Henry was settled. She glanced at her soon to be husband, who threw the keys into the air before catching them again which caused the Austrian to roll her eyes, before snatching them mid-air at his next throw. Her reflexes as quick as ever, which caused Max to allow a little smile to bloom on his lips.

"Admit it, you just don't want to drive the Mercedes." Joanna said to him while rounding the car, only to get into the driver seat, while Max looked back at the staff of the Lauda House for a quick moment. Adrian's expression was one of badly hidden worry, but if Max knew anything at all, it was how to take care of Joanna Lauda.

"It's just not my type of car. I would have preferred the NSX." He told her honestly causing Joanna to snort, after buckling in and starting the engine.

"Or you're afraid you could like it." The Austrian told her soon to be husband about her theory, earning herself a snort from him, while he turned around in his seat to see if Henry was content enough for his dad to sit in the passenger seat, rather than in the backseat with him.

Turning back around, Max connected his phone with the car's sound system, only to start playing music he saw fit for a road trip, while Jonna had swatted his had away from the touch screen in the middle of the car a few times, while programming the navigation system, even though her soon to be husband claimed that no Navi was needed, after all, he knew the way home, causing Joanna to roll her eyes fondly at him. She was glad that there was no need for the skill of reading a map, because that was one of the few things Max absolutely sucked at. She had learned that a while ago.

"I feel like these are going to be the longest twelve hours of my life." Joanna told him, causing Max, who was relaxed leaning back against his seat to look over at her with a smirk on his lips.

"Worse than giving birth?" He wanted to know, causing Joanna to glance at him for a moment, before she refocused on the road in front of her and used one of her hands to push the glasses she only wore while driving up.

"Close." She claimed after a few moments of silence, the music softly playing in the background while Henry seemed to doze off in his seat, his Red bull blanket in his arms.