SEQUEL - Chapter 06

Hello. I'm in a terrible mood as of lately and it seems like I've lost all my talent if I ever had it, but luckily enough I still have a chapter or two already finished for you guys, so if you're having a day as bad as mine I hope this helps. Cheers. 

<><><><><><><><><><>

"I thought we had a deal?" Toto asked her as soon as Joanna had entered the garage. Stretching her arms to help herself to her helmet. The Austrian groaned as she moved her head a little bit too fast towards the older Austrian who was sitting at his table, watching her with worry in his eyes.

"I didn't even make it to the car, you can't say I broke the deal." Joanna pointed out what caused Toto to snort. She was too stubborn for her own good. Maybe that's why Niki was always so hard on her. Making her fight for everything she wanted even though her father could have simply handed her the world on a golden plate. But that wasn't Niki's style.

"You're on medical leave. It's your decision if you want to stay and watch the race or if you want to go home." The team principal said, but Joanna wasn't having it.

"I want to drive. I will drive." The Austrian argued. Unwilling to take a step back. She wasn't about to take a break. This wasn't Joanna. She was a Lauda. Her father would have laughed into her face should she have ever even thought about not driving a race just because of what? A little headache and a tender chest. Please, she had done worse. Had driven under worse circumstances.

"No, Joanna," Toto told her not leaving any room for an argument, but this woman was Joanna Lauda. And this cursed family always found a way to get what they wanted as long as love wasn't involved.

The Austrian turned towards her boss, her helmet under her arm and an arrogant expression on her proclaim like features. She wouldn't back off right now.

"Driving this car is my job, if you want to stop me from doing that, fire me." The Austrian challenged him, causing both sides of the garage to turn deadly silent. No one was working any longer, all pretended to do their jobs while watching the exchange between their boss and the Austrian world champion.

"Don't push it," Toto warned her, but Joanna did push it, taking a step closer to Toto, her intelligent blue eyes shining dangerously. A true Lauda.

"Let me do my job or I will have to find another team," Joanna told Toto, who didn't back off either, but he also understood that this behaviour wasn't normal. Joanna was grieving, she was hurt and most likely confused, causing her to pick fights wherever she went. Toto had expected something like this and it was his job to make sure she was fine.

"I'm just trying to look out for you." The older Austrian said causing Joanna to cross her arms in front of her chest.

"That's sweet, but I don't need a babysitter. I'm a triple world champion, I can handle myself." Starring at each other for a moment, Toto gave a little nod.

"Well, if that's so. On your way triple world champion." He allowed, extending his arm towards the car with the number 88.

Watching Joanna climb into her car Toto shared a look with James before theBrit walked towards the control stand to take his seat there. Watching the session, all Toto could do was shake his head as he saw Joanna's sectors turning purple one after the other. Andrew, who stood next to him glanced at the screen as well, his arms crossed in front of his chest. Watching as the third sector turned purple all Toto could do was snort, causing the performance coach of the younger Mercedes driver to give him a questioning look.

"We could have put her onto a tractor, and she still would have gotten the day's best time. Not because she's that talented but because she's that stubborn and I told her no." Toto said causing Andrew to nod. After a short while in which silents settled over the two men, the Canadian spoke up again.