SEQUEL - Chapter 24

So hello. As always, there is surely something I wanted to address, but I will only remember it once I updated so anyways. So.... what's new? This chapter. You will hate me at the end of it. It leaves you all unsatisfied and with a longing for the next chapter. A chapter I haven't written yet, so yeah it's a shame. By now I wonder why you guys brother reading it, I update like never. This is not a call for attention, I'm just genuinely wondering. It was a long day, but here is my newest brainchild. I hope you hate it as much as I do. Cheers!

<><><>

Walking towards the reporters, Joanna faced them head-on, a brave expression on her face while they photographed her before she turned left, right in front of them and slipped through some secret passages, leaving them to run after her, but soon confusion took over. Joanna was gone and they were looking around from the cunning Austrian.

Making her way to the Mercedes garage through the secret paths was way easier and Joanna was glad they still existed in Austria. She was just about to open a door hidden behind a wall to slip into the facility as a familiar voice called out to her.

"Sometimes, I don't know if you're brilliant or just stupid." The thick Australian accent caused Joanna to let go of the door handle only to turn around and face Mark Webber in all his glory.

"Mark." Joanna said, acknowledging him, but it wasn't a greeting and they both knew it. Joanna had no interest in talking to Mark.

"What the hell are you doing, Joanna?" Mark asked her, stepping closer to the Austrian, who brushed a sweaty strain of her hair behind her ear, watching Mark, waiting for him to go on, but as the Aussie didn't she exhaled slowly. There was really no time to speak to Mark now, but if he already was there. It would mean one call less to make.

"We both know that you understand perfectly fine what I'm doing." The Austrian said, causing Mark to shake his head. He couldn't believe how calm she was. The Austrian had painted a target on Kelly Piquet's back without a care in the world.

She felt superior, an attribute she hated so much in other people, but she could hardly hide it, her face betrayed her. Sometimes he wondered if she wanted to get coughed if her desire to tell her brilliant plan was so pressing that she risked losing altogether, just to feel superior for a single moment.

"I thought after your father's death you would finally set yourself free. That you would stop these stupid games and just be true to yourself and the people who love you. That you would get Verstappen back..." Mark spoke, but Joanna was fast to stop him.

"I'm working on it." She told him, before shaking her head, cringing at her own words. "God, you make me sound like a stalker. I'm having his child, Mark."

Joanna's words twisted something deep inside of him. Was it jealousy, no, maybe it was anger that she did this to Max again? Joanna Lauda never did something without a reason. Mark knew that, he had learned that the hard way. He was pushing her around as she was nothing but a child, but she learned, and Mark never noticed until it was too late, and Joanna had sticked her freshly sharpened knife into his back. Joanna was always clever, he had to let her that, but her arrogance was dangerous. It was making her carless.

"Is this your way of mending things? A child won't heal your broken relationship." Mark told her honestly, but something told Mark, that that wasn't Joanna's intention. She had an intention, he knew that much, she never did something with an intention, but he couldn't put his finger on what it was just yet.

"No but the chance he is willing to give me now. For the child's sake but also for us. It's not as if he ever stopped loving me." The Austrian said, ready to leave Mark, but the Aussie was fast to speak up.