SEQUEL - Chapter 04

So, I know it had been a little bit longer, but here we go. I promise from now on you will see a lot more about Max and let me know what you think about the news article style of writing. Enjoy! 

<><><><><><><><><><>

F1 – Flash News Exclusive 21st May 2019

FINDING LAUDA

MONACO – the race every driver wants to win.

Finally, the teams are back in Monte Carlos for one of the most prestigious races of the whole season. Glamour and speed are at home in Monaco just as most of the drivers, which already gave us a good look at some of the competitors. Charles Leclerc had shown his face already, just as Daniel Ricciardo, who had posted a nice picture of himself with the preparations of the Grand Prix clearly visible in the background. By now, all teams have arrived and the paddock is full of the rich and beautiful, the only one who's still missing is Joanna Lauda. But where is the Austrian and why hadn't she arrived yet?

The Lauda family has suffered a terrible twist of fate. Niki Lauda, three-time world champion, father and husband is dead. Joanna Lauda hadn't been seen since the announcement of her father's death almost two weeks ago. Sources say that there hasn't been any movement around the Austrian's city penthouse apartment in Monaco which is why the fans came up with the theory that she has left Monaco before the announcement of her father's tragic death. It is reasonable to assume that Joanna is in Vienna with her family, as team boss Toto Wolf had claimed, but the comment from another driver made fans prick up their ears.

Max Verstappen had said in his last interview as he had been asked about Niki Lauda's death and his close relationship to the Austrian driver legend's daughter that he was positive that the younger Mercedes driver would take some time for herself in the mountains before she would come back to the world of racing. The Dutchman was cornered about his statement about the Lauda family which finally caused him to answer, but did he tell the truth?

Verstappen and Lauda are known for their rather close relationship. A hug here, a friendly gesture there. That's nothing new, but the sudden distance over the last months certain is. The reason for that is still unknown to us, but I can imagine that a certain Brazilian is the cause of the sudden rift between our favourite power duo. The fan theories are running wild. From a childhood rivalry between Kelly Piquet and Joanna Lauda to an ugly break-up between Verstappen and Lauda caused by the Brazilian. In the end, all we can say is that we don't know.

One thing, we do know on the other hand. It's 72 hours before the race and Joanna Lauda is still missing. So, the only question to be asked is not if Lauda hides in the mountains or in the capital of Austrian, but if Joanna Lauda has enough energy to come back and surprise us all. Knowing the Mercedes driver as good as I do, I say yes. One should never completely write Joanna Lauda off, even if the signs are bad at the moment. If someone can find a way to recover from something like this, it is Joanna Lauda.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Making her way down the stairs, Joanna could see Mark sitting on the couch, a cup of what she supposed was coffee in his hand and the little lamb sitting at his feet, looking up at him, while Mark starred at it.

Raising an eyebrow, Joanna watched them for a minute before she shook her head and took the last step, causing the little black lamb to notice her, getting to his feet, he ran over to the Austrian while making what she assumed were happy noises.