Chapter 21

9. July 2016

That night they were making out in bed in Max's room, which was fairly dangerous with the teams around, but they couldn't keep away from each other. Max took his time tenderly brushing over the bruises which were forming on Joanna's collarbone and even down her chest.

Kissing her again, Max stopped to look into her eyes, hovering over her, until he reached out to brush over her nose, which caused Joanna to give him an unimpressed look again.

"How did he even see it?" He wondered out loud, which caused Joanna to turn them around, so Max was beneath her.

"He didn't. It's noted in my medical file. That's why it's such a good job." Joanna whispered back, close enough to share the same air but too far away to actually let their lips meet. Max kissed her again, but something felt off, like she wasn't very present, which caused Max to pull back, before giving her a pointed look.

"Not in the mood?" He questioned, which caused Joanna to shake her head. Well, she wasn't in the mood, but not because she didn't want Max, she did want him very much, but all the problems which were coming with her departure and their current problem with all the drivers acting up, she had other things on her mind.

"Come here. I show you how much I'm in the mood." Joanna challenged before pulling a smirking Max towards her, so he was laying on top of the Austrian. They shared a few passionate kisses before Joanna once again got coughed up in her mind, causing Max to groan before pulling away and sitting up at the edge of the bed.

"Not very much it seems," Max complained, which caused Joanna to sit up as well. Crawling over, before slotting herself behind Max, who allowed her to pull him against her.

"It's all getting a little bit out of control right now. And I can't stop them from acting up, but that's my job." Joanna told Max quietly, which caused the Dutch to look over his shoulder, smiling softly at her.

"Isn't your job to win championships after getting fired as GPDA director?" He questioned her a little bit arrogant, which was adorable in Joanna's eyes.

"It's so adorable when you try to be sassy," Joanna told him, her hand on his cheek now, while Max huffed in annoyance. Rolling his eyes, Max pulled her over after moving, so she was sitting in his lap.

"How did my dickhead teammate manage to act as a cockblock in our bed?" Max found himself sighing in frustration as Joanna's eyes lightened up, causing Max to lift an eyebrow.

"I need to sort things with him. And other things as well." She told him, which caused Max to snort.

"No, listen. I only need to sort things with Daniel. Support Lewis with his love life decisions. Help Seb getting hold of the youngsters and think about my future with or without Ferrari. Oh and I always have to watch my back around Fernando and Mark." Joanna told Max, before pressing a kiss against his cheek.

"It's nice that you still have so much time for me," Max called after her, as Joanna moved away from the bed to phone none other than Lewis Hamilton. Asking if everything went alright with the divorce and the dogs after she had left the mansion yesterday. 

-------------

The next morning started horribly. But with Joanna every morning she had to get up at such an ungodly hour was a horrible day. Sitting up after Joanna had finally succeeded in stopping the alarm clock from murdering her will to live, she stretched her arms a little bit while deciding that actually sleeping in Max's room wasn't a good idea.

Sneaking out of the lion's den would be quite a challenge, especially without any coffee. Groaning at the realization that there wouldn't be any breakfast either Joanna leaned over Max, who was still soundly asleep, she groaned again. Even though she was in a bad mood now, she didn't have it in her to actually wake Max up. It wasn't his fault after all.