SEQUEL - Chapter 03

Okay guys, here we go with a little flashback! Hope you enjoy!! 

<><><><><><><><><><>

FIA Prizegiving 2018

Walking down the corridor on the floor where most of the FIA council member's offices were located Alain had told himself that he would just take a quick peek into his office to see if everything was as it should be before going downstairs to greet the guests at the FIA prize-giving ceremony. However, a quick peek turned into taking a seat and working through some documents Mika had forwarded him.

Checking his watch, Alain knew he was late, but only a few more steps and he would have reached the elevator to take him downstairs to the entrance hall, where Nelson Piquet, Niki Lauda and both Rosbergs were surely already waiting for the rest of them, but the still turned on light in Joanna's office stopped the Frenchman.

He thought about going over and checking if she had forgotten to turn it off, as the soft 'ding' sound from the elevator pulled him from his thoughts. Other than expected, the elevator wasn't empty even though only members of the council or invited guests had access to this floor. Catching the younger man's eyes, Max's facial expression turned from annoyed to surprise mirroring the Frenchman's.

The Dutchman was wearing a smart-looking suit as well, the bow tie untied and his hair a little bit wild but what stuck out was the dress rake he held with two of his fingers over his shoulder, an evening gown was hanging from the rake, hidden by a thin see-through layer of plastic.

"You know, being this year's champion people would think she actually cares enough to get dressed on time for the prizegiving," Alain told Max, which caused the Dutchman to huff, before stepping out of the elevator.

"Do you know her only since yesterday? I won't believe that she will grace us with her presence until we are both downstairs." Max replied as Alain clasped him on the shoulder a gentle smile on his lips. They both knew that holding the FIA prizegiving ceremony in the HQ was bound to get out of hand. This was their home turf and Alain was sure that at some point some council member surely would sneak away, to cause problems or to simply skip what they think is a boring occasion.

It had been Niki's idea to host the ceremony in the HQ, as some sort of power play, but the vast majority of the council had agreed for different reasons. Alain and Joanna had hoped to get some work in, while Max was positive, he could just vanish sometime during the prize-giving to retreat to his office and hide there, watching tv or doing something else. The others mostly agreed because of similar reasons to Niki's.

"Well, as long as both of you grace us with your presence. I'm sure you'll be forgiven." Alain said, which caused Max to exhale slowly, his finger pinching the root of his nose, knowing damn well that the older man wasn't going to let Max act the way he wanted. So, hiding up here wasn't an option any longer. He had at least to show his face for a little while. This night was also about upholding a certain standard and prestige.

"I'll keep our guests entertained until then, help her get dressed in the meantime, will you?" Alain said as he stepped into the elevator, before turning around and gesturing for Max to go over to Joanna's office.

"Actually, I've more experience with getting pretty women out of dresses than into them, but I will do my best." The Dutchman replied lazily, one had buried in the pocket of his suit pants while the other was still holding the very heavy evening grown.

As soon as the door to the elevator closed Max rolled his eyes, exhaling in annoyance again, before making his way over to Joanna's office. He didn't knock, they never did with each other, so he simply opened the door to the office, before leaning against the door frame, his eyes on Joanna. She was holding a set of papers into the air while reading the one which had originally laid beneath them while writing something down with a pen on another set of papers.