SEQUEL - Chapter 35

Soooo, it was a close call but I'm not dead. Anyways. I'm behind with about everything but I still did this instead of doing what I was supposed to do. I hope you enjoy it, some fluff, some repressed feeling and some fool moods. This is officially the first summer holiday chapter with a special guest. Please let me know what you think and if you want some more unrelated Max and J stories maybe take a look at my calendar thingy. Cheers!

<><><>

"And another box full of pillows and blankets. Who would have thought? Not me." The Dutchman exclaimed before pulling one of the pillows from the box and holding it out to Joanna, who only looked up shortly, before shaking her head amused at him.

"Please tell me how many fluffy things does a woman need in her home? How are they any different from the ones in the other box?" Max complained, standing over one of the boxes which have newly arrived from Monaco. He was holding onto a beige throw pillow with various shades of green jungle leaves on it. They were normally resting against the headboard in their Monaco bedroom, but since they moved to Austria, they decided that they would want their new home to actually feel like it, which is why all these boxes were now lying up in the corridor and their living room with personal items or in this case pillows which had about no use.

"The others are winter-themed," Joanna answered without looking up from the box she was standing over, resting on top of another one, on the other side of the room. There were framed pictures which they would have to find spots for in their new home to give it a personal touch.

"Wanna know what's in the box beneath it?" Max called over and Joanna could hear it in his voice that he won't be much help anymore. The Dutchman decided to rather make fun than actually help unpack things. "Oh, pillows! What a surprise. Another box of pillows whose general purpose is to sleep on them, but not these, you can't sleep on these, right J, because they are special?"

Rolling her eyes fondly at Max, who still didn't understand what a throw pillow was and what a pillow to sleep on looked like, she just pulled the framed picture of Max's first win out of the box, as a crashing sound was to be heard and upon looking over, Joanna saw Max laying onto the floor, the boxes of pillows and blankets on top of him which caused her to exhale slowly.

"Can you be careful with these boxes, in there is our whole life together?" The Austrian said while she allowed her fingertips to brush over a young version of Max's face. He looked so handsome and happy at that moment. On top of the world, Joanna knew that feeling only too well. The younger version of herself had only eyes for him. She wondered if they were always as evident as in that very picture.

"If you say it like that, it almost sounds romantic, but then you see all the pillows and you wonder what our relationship is about. Maybe we're trying to build the world's largest pillow fort." Max told her while fighting himself free, before stepping over the pillows and moving over to Joanna.

"You're not funny." She told him as he stood behind her, his hand on the side of the picture to look at it as well, which caused Joanna to smile slightly, before handing it to Max, who gently wrapped his other arm around her middle and pulled her gently against his chest, which caused Joanna to stop her unpacking, only to relax for a moment, her hands rested on Max's arm.

"Oh, come on. I'm extremely funny, you love me for that."

"Do I?" The Austrian wondered, which caused Max to reach around her to softly lead her head to look at him, his fingers gently holding onto her chin.

"Yeah, you do." He muttered before kissing Joanna. Lingering leaned against each other after the tender brush of lips, Joanna turned around in his hold, her hand coming up to his cheek. Her eyes moved from his lips to his eyes, these clear blue eyes, causing her to smile softly before they shared another sweet kiss. Max's hands behind her back holding onto the very first framed picture of the two of them. Resting the side of her head against his shoulder, for a moment, while looking up at Max, the Dutchman smiled down at her, before showing Joanna the picture.