Chapter 36

Hello! I feel like I need to put a general warning on his chapter. If you're not sure if you can read this chapter, just ask me, I will try to help. I just don't want to say what happens because of spoilers, you know. 

--------------

Lounging outside of the Ferrari garage on a deckchair someone had organized for the Austrian,  Joanna tried her best to use the calm before the storm to get some rest. The rest she knew she wouldn't get as soon as the FIA would summon her for a hearing. As soon as she would step into the FIA office, she would have to be just like her father and that made her sick to the stomach. Well, or the little bean was feeling jumpier than normally which caused the feeling of sickness. 

"We need to talk." Joanna heard the familiar voice of Sebastian say and for a moment she wondered if Seb would fall for her bullshit, would she keep very quiet and not move, but the question was answered as he kicked against her chair, which caused Joanna to frown. 

"If you want to talk I'm willing to listen, you know that," Joanna told Sebastian, a little bit unsure why he looked so tense. They always spoke about everything. Sebastian knew her better than Daniel and Max combined. 

"It's not about what I have to say. It's about what you should say. I hate it when you keep secrets from me, that way I can't help you when you need me." Sitting up in her chair, Joanna reached out to take Seb's hand in hers. A gentle smile on her lips. 

"Oh, Seb. There is nothing to worry about. I can handle myself." Joanna told him, the expression she wore on her porcelain face honest and open in a way he hadn't seen the last few mounts, but that only worried him more. Joanna had no idea that she was changing. She wasn't aware of the fact that most of her actions were more than morally grey by now. 

Shaking his head shortly, Seb's worried expression was still clearly visible. "You've been so careless lately. A few years ago you weren't even associated with your games and now... You are reckless, hot-tempered and you take your anger out on other people more and more often for the whole world to see. I'm scared for you Joanna because I don't know what's wrong with you."

Laughing at that, Joanna took a sip from her water bottle. "There is nothing wrong with me. I even feel weirdly calm, Seb. So really, I'm more than fine." She claimed, before shrugging with her shoulder. 

"You were raised in chaos, so of course you feel at home now, but it's not good for you or your mental health." The older Ferrari driver was pressing the topic. Sebastian needed Joanna to see reason, to understand that her actions were always met with consequences. Cause and effect. She could not ignore this forever.

"What are you afraid of?" The Austrian wanted to know after she let go of his hand. Her expression changed. The understanding calmness was gone and unimpressed aggressivity showed itself. 

"I'm afraid that the lines between reality and your game are blurring. I'm afraid you'll lose touch with reality." Rolling her eyes at that Joanna got up from her seat. 

"I love you for caring so much, but sometimes you just have to trust me, Seb. I'm a big girl now." She told him as if she was talking to a child. The German was about to say something as he noticed Kiwi.   

Joanna knew what was coming before Kiwi had finally got her courage together and tell her that she was called to the steward's office, causing Joanna to smile mischievously at her assistant, before getting up. 

"Then let's pay Charlie a visit," Joanna said, the theatricality she displayed today was beyond words but Kiwi was used to it. She was happy to put up with it if it meant Joanna was in a good mood.