Chapter 44

Hello. I hope you're having a great day. Let me just put a real quick warning on this chapter. I hope you enjoy it. 

-----------

The beat blasted through the gigantic speakers, drowning whatever thought she had been having. The alcohol in her veins was making her slightly dizzy, letting her stumble around the club and onto the dancefloor. It was hot, there were too many people around her, but it was somehow what she needed. Many people. So that she would drown between them. So that she would not be seen. She just wanted to have her fun, she wanted to do what she needed to do, she wanted to enjoy her life, she wanted to enjoy the night.

Hands were all over her slim body as she continued her way, coming to a halt in the middle of the dancefloor, pressed against another body. Warm hands were finding their way beneath her shirt, fingers ghosting over her soft skin, caressing it gently. Joanna did not turn around, did not care who was standing behind her, she only kept enjoying the body contact and the attention while the alcohol continued to cloud her mind. The hands wandered down and grabbed her ass, a soft but still surprised sound escaping her lips.

"Such a beauty, aren't you?" The guy muttered, which caused Joanna to turn around. Her expression was as arrogant as she could manage, which caused the stranger to laugh.

"Oh, I like the arrogant ones, they have so much fight in them." He told Joanna, which caused the Austrian to lift an eyebrow.

She was here to forget, enjoy herself, and ignore the desire to just take one of the pills she had put on the highest shelf in the bathroom, so she wouldn't reach them without getting something she could climb up on.

It was a precautionary measure and it had worked at first, but then she thought about the conversation with Max, and the urge to just not feel anything anymore grew. She was on the verge of taking the pills, so she decided to go out. Lots of people were a good distraction. Or so she thought.

Joanna had thought about taking someone home with her tonight, so she wouldn't be alone with her little addiction problem, but surely not such a dickhead.

It was so loud around them, the lights were blinding her eyes, the people around her touching them from time to time, but it was as if the stranger's presence which told Joanna to not get lost in the masse of people, she had to be careful and pay attention.

"Has that ever worked?" She wanted to know, while she crossed her arms over her chest. Totally unimpressed with the guy in front of her, but he still wasn't giving up. Which annoyed Joanna greatly.

"Oh, gorgeous. You're talking with me, which means it works perfectly fine." She felt the man press against her once more, his hands grabbing her body with a certain strength as he pushed her from the dancefloor, past all the dancing people.

"Let me fuck you." He muttered into Joanna's ear, which caused her to push away from the guy, looking at him as if he had lost his mind, but he was fast to invade her personal space again, Pressing his body against hers.

"Open up, sweetheart." The stranger's fingers traced her soft rosy lips, shoving something beneath her tongue. Protest startled to bubble up inside her, but a pair of soft lips distracted her, grounding her once more. At that moment Joanna knew she was fucked.

She looked around in confusion and panic, nervousness spreading in her stomach, together with a well-known calmness. She had done this often enough to know what would happen. And she already anticipated the few minutes of feeling worshipped in a dirty bathroom before the self-hatred could come back again.

Her life had not always been like this. She had not chased the highs in her life all the time. There had been a time where she had been happy. But then, her world had started to crumble and crackdown, shattering her soul slowly but surely. More and more often, she had gone out alone. Without her friends, seeking out her own way of destruction. Drinking and smoking throughout the whole night.