SEQUEL - Chapter 30

Hello, my friends. I was a bit discouraged to write lately but here is a new chapter. I hope you enjoy it. Comments are appreciated, but if you feel brave you can also send me a private message. There is not much to say about this chapter really, it's a bit different from the normal stuff but I still like it. Anyway, so yeah. Cheers! (Am I writing cheers at the end of every note, because in my head I picture you all drinking while reading my chapters because there is no other way to survive this? Yes) So Cheers! 

<><><>

Tapping her foot nervously, Joanna pressed her phone to her ear while standing in the hotel lobby in Germany even though she was on sick leave, but she had been home for far too long in her opinion already, her little finger brushing the corner of her lip, while her broken arm was resting on top of her baby bump. The Austrian didn't know how often she had already tried to reach Kiwi, but the Aussie wasn't picking up.

Her first reaction as Adrian had shown her the letters was disbelief. A cruel joke she tried to laugh off, but as she went on with her nightly routine with Max, realisation dawned on her. Kiwi left, without a word and she won't come back. In a dire situation of need, the woman, who was on her side for nearly ten years by now just left her. And Joanna had no way of knowing why. Grimacing as the call connected again only to the mailbox, Joanna exhaled slowly.

Looking up from her phone screen as she suddenly heard the fans, who were standing in front of the door because they weren't allowed inside, cheer loudly, Joanna had to smirk as she saw it was Max who entered the hotel lobby. His eyes scanned the entrance hall before they landed on Joanna and he smiled softly, but as he noticed her phone in hand it somehow dimmed.

"How was your sponsor breakfast?" Joanna wanted to know as he came over to her, only to lean down and gently kiss her lips. Max was never one to show physical affection openly in public, but it was different with Joanna. People already expected them to be together even though they said nothing publicly yet. It was no secret though. They were hiding in plain sight, well if this could be called hiding.

"Not that bad. A lot of very wealthy old men asking me how it is to drive a very fast car." Max muttered, causing her to smile at him.

"Simply lovely, I imagine." Joanna teased before her eyes fell onto her phone again. Still no call, no text, nothing.

"It will be fine soon. I promise you." Max said as he pulled against his side, but Joanna just gave him a desperate look. She felt lost as if everyone she cared for and had a deep connection with suddenly decided that they needed some time away from her. Kiwi was the one to always be there and now she was gone as well. Joanna knew it would have killed her if she wouldn't have Max at her side right now.

"Nothing is fine," Joanna muttered as she crossed her arms as good as she could with a broken arm while Max guided her over to the entrance of the hotel lobby. "She was with me, from the first time I stepped into a car. I don't know how... Max, I can't go anywhere without her managing it." The Austrian muttered.

Well, that was the point, but Max wouldn't point that out to Joanna. The Aussie had far too much control over Joanna's life, and she used it to harm her, which Max will never forgive her for. Kiwi had to go after what she did, but Joanna wouldn't agree, Max couldn't imagine she would. Not after depending on her and only her for so long.

"You're with me," Max told her. "We will stick together until we're in the paddock and then you talk to Toto and tell him that you need a new PR and trainer or look for an assistant in general." He said as if it was the easiest task ever, but Joanna had her doubts. She needed someone she could trust blindly and who knew not only the sport and the FIA but also her and the tasks which were asked of a new employee.