SEQUEL - Chapter 55

Hello and welcome back. I am not dead. To be honest I don't know what I am doing here. This chapter is odd, but I guess it's nice to read anyway. So, I will just use this as a little announcement here. I am still writing all my books that I haven't ended just yet. It just takes time, because it's a lot of work and especially because another fandom took hold of me. 

Just an information for me,  would anyone of you like a Top Gun story? I might be writing one right now, but I'm not sure if I should share it. 

So, no more distractions and straight to the new chapter. 

Cheers!

<><><>

"Jules' daughter?" Max echoed while his fiancé nodded.

Joanna could see one emotion morphing into another on Max's face before he climbed out of the bed, starting to pace up and down the room, before he stopped at the foot of their bed, about to say something, to give a statement or rather his opinion to what Joanna had just told him, but then he shook his head and reassumed pacing the room. The Austrian let him, she remembered only too well her own reaction to the news.

"Well then, I need a drink." Max then told her his arms thrown into the air for a moment, before he gestured for her to come along, which the Austrian considered for a moment, before she pulled the blanket back and climbed out of bed. Reaching for Max's old Red Bull sweat jacket to pull it over her body, before following him dutifully.

"Max." Joanna called softly as she followed him down the corridor which led into their living room, not to wake Henry as they passed his nursery, unsure what was going on in the Dutchman's head, but it seemed like Max didn't know either. Still, Joanna would have preferred to be able to guess if the news were received positive or rather negatively.

"I ... this." Max muttered under his breath while he was pouring himself a drink and before throwing it back quickly and wincing at the taste, which had Joanna raise an eyebrow.

"Max." She protested, but he held up his hand, a gesture for her to give him a moment, before pouring himself another glass full of liquid and flopping down on the couch with a heavy sigh.

"Sometimes I wonder what you're thinking when you keep something like that from me." He admitted after a long moment in which he kept starring at the bronze liquid in his glass, before facing Joanna.

"If you secretly enjoy betraying me, going behind my back. Are you testing how long it will take me to finally be done with the shit you always pull?" He wondered, out loud, before taking a big sip, while Joanna stood by the loveseat, her arms crossed over her chest for warmth, her eyes jumping from Max to search the room for something that would give her an idea what to say now. She didn't want a fight, telling him was meant to prevent a fight in the future, that was the whole fucking idea behind it, but what she might have not considered thoughtfully was that Max would give her a fight right now for it all.

The Austrian exhaled slowly, looking off towards the TV where a framed picture of the two of them was now joined by a new one. The first pictures they ever took of their baby boy. Joanna was smiling down at Henry, who was resting in her arms. Max only having eyes for their newborn as well. It was a cute picture.

For a moment, she thought about using it, about bringing Henry into the game and setting Max checkmate but going such lengths just to gloss over that she had told Max something, she now in retrospect never wanted him to learn was one too far. Even for her. She should have just written a letter and put it into her will or something. It would have been the quieter solution to this issue. Max would still be angry, but at least she would be too dead to hear it.