Chapter 46

Hello guys, so there are like three chapters left for 2016. A lot of things happen in this chapter. Especially a little plot twist. I'm just saying USB stick. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think. 

------------

Joanna woke up startled. One moment she was unconscious and the next moment she was sitting up in the bed, her eyes wide with attention and looking around in fear and confusion. The sudden movement had starlet Daniel so much that he had fallen off his chair with a very unmanly squeal. 

Looking down that the man on the floor in her hospital room, Joanna mockingly raised an eyebrow which caused Daniel to flip her off, before getting up from the floor, constantly rubbing at his hip. 

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty," Nico said from where he leaned against the wall in the corner of Joanna's room. 

"Why are you in such a good mood?" Joanna wanted to know, while Daniel sat down on her bed and handed her a cup of water which she took gratefully. Nico was about to talk, but Daniel couldn't hear it any longer. At first, the German had cried the whole trip to the hospital in fear that something bad had happened to Lewis and now since he knew it was just a broken leg he was so fucking smut. Constantly checking his phone. Daniel knew that something was brewing in the background, he could feel it, but at the moment he couldn't care any less. 

"He's world champion. Lewis can't drive in Abu Dhabi." Daniel muttered which caused Joanna to look at Nico before looking back at Daniel. Silently asking with the look on her face if he was serious. 

"Did I got the points for this race?" She asked which caused Daniel to nod. Everything happened on the last lap and the race wasn't restarted. So yeah, Joanna got 25 points for that. 

"So, I'm still in the race for the title." She stated matter-of-factly, while Nico lost his smile. He had forgotten about that. The Austrian could still snatch it. Deeply in his own thought, Nico didn't really pay attention to what Joanna and Daniel spoke about. He waited for a call or a text message from his father confirming at everything had gone according to plan. 

"How are the others?" Joanna wanted to know from Daniel after giving Nico's ego another damper, which caused him to frown. 

The Aussie wasn't sure what to tell her. They knew nothing and Joanna was the only one of their friends they were allowed to see. The doctor said she was alright, it was just the shock but her figures were all over the place, which might have caused the fainting in the first place. They would continue to keep an eye on her blood work.

No matter what's wrong with Joanna at the moment, they shouldn't stress her out, but Daniel knew, telling Joanna nothing would make everything worse. She would never stop worrying. 

"They're all in surgery. All we know is that Lewis has a broken leg." Daniel told her, holding onto her hand the whole time, which Nico observed calmly. The German didn't understand why Daniel thought Joanna was a delicate flower. The Austrian was the most dangerous person he knew and Daniel treated her like a cuddly toy. One day she will bit his head off and chew him out, Nico was sure of that. 

Nodding softly, Joanna tried to get up from bed, which caused Nico to take a step towards her and Daniel's hands to shot out to catch her, should she fall. They knew that Joanna wasn't seriously sick or injured but she was the only friend they could fuss over at the moment, so they would. 

"I need some fresh air." She mumbled the dizziness clearly visible so Daniel shook his head, before pressing Joanna back down onto the bed with his hands on her shoulders. 

"What you need is sleep. The doctors will come and inform us as soon as they're out of surgery." He promised. The look in his eyes told her that he was ready to wrestle her down on the bed if he had to, so Joanna decided to not move too much. She really didn't want a determined Daniel on top of her when she had a headage and her limps felt sore.