SEQUEL - Chapter 08

Okay. I'm bored so here's a new chapter we can all talk about ;) Enjoy reading!

<><><><><><><><><><>

Leaving the track, Joanna was glad that most of the international media teams have already left. To make sure she won't stumble over someone, she had spent more time in the garage, chatting with some mechanics. Going over data which won't help her, Joanna didn't need all this data to know if the car felt right or wrong.

Looking over her shoulder as she left the facility, she was truly alone. Just the people from sky sports were still there but they were busy listening to what Nico Rosberg had to say as one of their experts as Joanna walked by, just giving Jenson as quick wave, who had listened to what Nico had to say with a rather bored expression on his face. He smiled back at her and gestured for her to call him which caused the Austrian to mouth at him 'in your dreams' earning herself a chuckle from him. Moving over shortly, Joanna allowed Jenson to pull her into a sideway hug. After all, she hadn't seen her friend in some time.

"Hope you're better now." Jenson had muttered into her ear before letting go of her, so he could take a better look at her without letting go completely.

"I'm fine." Joanna promised but the worried expression on Jenson's face didn't change. Daniel must have snitched. Of course, he had snitched.

"Why don't we ask someone, who was involved?" Martin Brundle suddenly asked with a hopeful smile, pulling the two world champions from their thoughts, causing Joanna to exhale slowly before nodding and accepting the microphone they handed her.

But Jenson's worried expression didn't vanish like it normally would when he was faced with the international media, he was a part of. His mother used to scold him for not paying enough attention while doing interviews which didn't change just because he was on the other side now, asking the questions rather than answering them.

"You weren't so happy with Max today, were you?" Nico quizzed which caused the Austrian to look over to him before thinking about the question for a moment. She was angry, yes, but that had nothing to do with Max personally. She would have been eager to win no matter who the other one was, maybe she wouldn't have done it as aggressively as she did, but being faced with a generation talent like Max, she hadn't had another chance. Joanna couldn't hold back, if she wanted to outperform him. It wasn't just a quick training like it would have been against a Williams or an Alpha Romeo, Max was a serious competitor and she treated him accordingly. There were no hard feeling between the two of them due to thing which happened on the track.

"It's racing. I don't have a personal problem with him. I guess people saw that right after the race. We're alright with each other." Joanna explained but she understood that people didn't quiet believed her when she said them, not when their matches on track looked so aggressive and dangerous.

When they faced each other, it was bound to become interesting. One generation talent against the other generation talent, even though Joanna never seemed to belong to one specific generation. Even though she was a champion she seemed to be a bit too young for the generation of Lewis, Sebastian and Nico but she was also too old to belong to the generation of Max, Charles and maybe in the future George. She was always in the middle of it all just like Daniel and Jules, the lost generation. A name the media had given them after Jules's death.

"A rivalry like that is amazing for the sport. We all enjoyed us very much today." Nico pointed out earning himself a strange look from Joanna. She wasn't irritated but maybe uncomfortable with what he said, as if she was ashamed of the drama they had caused today. Even though the fight on track had been amazing and for once Joanna felt truly alive again.