SEQUEL - Chapter 33

Hello there. So I took the time to write a new chapter for you guys. I'm relatively happy with it. Some stuff is happening and it's endlessly long. As always comments are welcome, if you wanna say something just do it, it's always great fun. Enjoy reading it, I have no idea when the next chapter will come so yeah, life is hard. Cheers! 

<><><>

Joanna never liked shopping, it was a mere necessity for her. Nothing she ever used to overly enjoy, especially if the people joining her loved doing so, it was just exhausting in her opinion. Now, it was still exhausting but for whole other reasons. She never believed that carrying a child, would tire her out like that, but that was the case even if it was a special kind of tired, a good kind. The Austrian was so content at the moment with her own life, that she didn't even mind Charlotte's constant chatter, or Pia's fake forced laughter or her bad lies and keeping Charlotte from finding out the truth. It was not nice per se, but the moment Joanna held a pair of socks meant for a newborn baby, the other two woman and their problems were forgotten for a moment. Joanna knew Max couldn't wait to hear tiny feet running around in their home and by now, Joanna dared to be excited as well.

"You can go on, you don't have to stop by," Pia told Joanna as they were walking in the paddock next to each other on their way to the Ferrari garage, following behind Charlotte who was hanging on Charles's arm, chatting away at him about their day and the many things she had bought, Pia and Joanna a few steps behind them.

Sometimes, Joanna felt not welcome when the little Italian said things like that. As if she was dismissing the Austrian after she had come to her aid and supported her. Deep down, she must think it polite, to spare Joanna the drama Pia's life was, but if Joanna knew one thing, it was drama. She was used to it, but even more important, she could handle it.

"I don't mind," Joanna answered honestly. She had seen the miserable gaze on Pia's face while she stared a hole into the back of the Monegasque Ferrari driver's head, but to be honest, Joanna's mind was not with them. She was thinking about what she had bought and how Max would react upon seeing the first baby clothes she had bought for their son.

They must have made an uneven pair. Joanna was smiling quietly to herself. Anticipation and careful excitement taking over while Pia looked miserable, staring at the man she loved, who was with another woman. A few months ago, Joanna could have sworn that Pia and she would share their bitterness for a while longer, but then she had become pregnant and things changed for her. Other than for Pia, things seemed to stay the same with her. Not in terms of action in her life, Joanna knew that there was pretty much going on, the whole chaos with Lando, but with the level of her personal happiness. Pia seemed to only get worse.

"Right on time for lunch ladies," Sebastian said as they approached, leaning against the side of the garage and having an eye on Theo, who had been talking with one of the mechanics until he saw his sister and Joanna approach. His interest in Charles was no-existing which amused Joanna.

Pia walked up to Seb and hugged him shortly, before presenting her little brother with as much undivided attention as she could muster, while Joanna moved to greet Sebastian as well. Kissing both his cheeks in a quick greeting, Sebastian pulled back but held her at arm's length.

"How was the shopping?" He asked Joanna, who gave him a painful expression before glancing over at Pia for a second, which told the German already enough.

"You know me, I hate shopping." The Austrian said, which caused Sebastian to give her a grateful look. He was glad Joanna had accompanied his troublesome child, so at least someone would have an eye on her.

"Oh, poor you." The German teased. "Let me buy you lunch for all your exertions." The German said, right at that moment Joanna's phone went off, which caused her to get it from her pocket only to see a long treat of notifications coming from none other than Max Verstappen. Asking where she was and making some funny comments about Mercedes staff looking at him as if he was a zoo animal.