SEQUEL - Chapter 01

So, my dear friends. You've waited long enough and now it's finally here. I'm excited to present the first chapter of the sequel. This chapter might be confusing but things will get clearer with time. I promise. I hope you all enjoy it and let me know what you think about it!

<><><><><><><><><><>

21st May 2019 - AUSTRIA

Driving on the narrow street in between the mountains, Mark couldn't deny that it was a beautiful place. The lush colours of the thriving plants, the clear blue of the freezing cold mountain lake. He understood why the choice fell to this place, even though he isn't even there yet. Finally arriving in a small village after hours of driving on the lone street, Mark tried to find the address he had scribbled down on a piece of paper as he finally found someone, who knew where this place was and that the Austrian was to be found there at the moment, even though he had been warned, that there was no guarantee to find her just because he had this address.

Stopping after checking each and every house which weren't much, he went back to the centre of the village where a little shop was located opposite the imposing church. It must have been the most open space he had seen since he arrived in this village. The houses seemed to be built into the mountain or at least on top of each other. The only thing which was separating the high mountain in which the village was craved, and the freezing mountain lake was the narrow street that had led Mark to this place. This place looked like it was straight out of a fairy tale.

Still, visiting this little mountain village wasn't the reason why Mark came all the way. To be honest, the Aussie wasn't sure why he made this journey. He had better things to do than searching for someone who didn't want to be found. Choosing this place for mourning was an enormous sign that she did leave her old life behind and that she won't look back.

Getting out of the car, he walked up to a couple of elderly people, sitting on the little bench in front of the church. He hoped they knew where this place was because it was surely not in this village and Mark already felt foolish enough for coming all this way to see someone, who most likely didn't even what to see him ever again.

"Excuse me, I'm searching for a place, you might know it?" Mark started to speak, but he could read in the eyes of the inhabitants of this place that they didn't understand a word he just said, causing him to exhale slowly. He was such a fool for coming all the way to the Austrian alps only to fail because he couldn't ask for directions due to the language barrier.

The man muttered something under his breath Mark couldn't understand which caused the woman to swat his shoulder, a disapproving scold on her face before she faced Mark again. She gestured for him to show her the paper he was holding with an encouraging smile, causing the Aussie to nearly stumble over his own two feet, handing her the paper with the address.

Reading it out loud for the man who was sitting next to her, Mark didn't even recognise the words he had written down himself coming from her mouth, but he was glad she had gestured for him to give her the paper because even when they would have understood English, they surely wouldn't have a clue where this place was, the way Mark pronounced it.

The man looked at Mark again, before pointing at the mountain, which was a terrible way to give people directions, which the man must have noticed seeing Mark's confused expression. Leaning back, he pulled the hat he was wearing over his face while crossing his legs at his ankles, causing the woman to roll her eyes, before she got up for the bench and Mark would have protested that there was no need for that, would he have been able to speak the language.