SEQUEL - Chapter 29

Hello, my little muffin heads. Is that name appropriate? Most likely not. Anyway. I have a new chapter for you guys. Faster than usual, I know but I felt like it, so here it is. As always, comments are welcome, join whatever the hell is going on in my comments, please enjoy reading and well, the last thing to say is Cheers!

<><><>

Watching Joanna pace up and down in the living room right in front of him where he was sitting on the couch, sleep still having a grip around him while he watched her quietly with blurry eyes and a pillow pressed against his chest, his arms crossed over it. Max knew he should have stopped her, the moment he felt Joanna move to reach over him for her phone, he should have grabbed her hand, pressed a kiss to her knuckles and told her to sleep some more, that it was still early, which wasn't true, but Joanna had no way of knowing that, but he didn't. Max was not fast enough to connect what she was about to do, which brought this situation upon them.

"I can't believe you said nothing," Joanna said, the one hand that wasn't in the cast in her hair for a moment before she took a few more steps and picked her phone up from the coffee table again. "This is serious and really bad, I should have known the moment it came out and we should have taken action yesterday already." She told him and yes, Max knew she would think that, but he had also seen her yesterday. So, he didn't regret making her go to sleep before showing her something else which would stress her.

"It's still the same day, J," Max muttered, too tired to argue before he reached one arm out for Joanna to take which she eyes sceptically for a moment before exhaling slowly and taking the offered hand to sit next to Max, who put the pillow away before pulling Joanna against his side, careful around her broken arm.

Even though she would never admit it, Max saw it in the way she moved, how careful she cradled her arm to her chest, Joanna must be in a lot of pain and he felt awful being unable to help.

"We have plenty of time to react, once we're ready," Max told her, before kissing her temple. "But for now, all I'm interested in is your well-being and that we keep the stress level as low as possible."

"Easier said than done," Joanna said while brushing her hair behind her ear, before melting against Max's side, their fingers intervened over Joanna's baby bump, even though it's awkward somehow because J's hand is in a cast.

"I want it to be a friend, someone we can trust," Joanna said after a long moment in which Max almost fell back asleep. Turning his head to glance at her, the Austrian understood that he wasn't following her course of thoughts.

"The interview, I mean," Joanna told him which caused Max to snort. God, he needed a shower and maybe a Red Bull.

"You need to go to the doctor before doing anything. It was the condition for them to allow you to leave the UK." He reminded her, causing Joanna to look at him for a moment ready to protest that she was fine, but Joanna also knew that Max wouldn't let her get away with skipping such an important thing. This was about the health and well-being of their son.

"Of course, right," Joanna said a bit defeated before she let go of Max's hand and got up. "I will go there and make a few calls. Can you prepare everything for an interview with Adrian? If we're doing that, we're doing it on our home solid." She wanted to know while moving to the bedroom, the door was open so she would hear Max while changing. All Max could see from where he was sitting was her bare back, the curve of her spine which made him wonder how the baby bump looked without clothes which were hiding it.

"We're not doing that," Max answered, causing Joanna to come back, a short pulled over her torso, but she needed help with pulling the sweat jacket over her broken arm, so she handed Max the burgundy piece of cloth.