SEQUEL - Chapter 49

Hello, so. New part. Enjoy reading, and let me know what you think. As always, a little warning but if you are still here after over 100 chapters in total you know my bullshit so yeah. Enjoy. Cheers! 

<><><>

Gently letting her fingertips dance over Henry's cheek, Joanna smiled softly while she watched her son nurse. Her arms gently but securely holding onto him, her head lowered a bit, to be closer to him.

In the beginning as they were still in the hospital nursing Henry freaked her out nearly every time. The initial difficulties they had weren't helping either, but by now it was the most natural thing in the world. It gave Joanna a kind of comfort she never believed herself to be able to feel, with being able to make Henry feel safe and at home, with making him happy and content, Joanna felt herself being more in tune with herself than ever before. Their little nursing sessions were calming her down as well and it was connecting them deeply. Bringing them a connection the Austrian was afraid she would be unable to have.

Henry was watching his mother with his big intelligent blue eyes, while holding onto the finger she had offered him. His limps relaxed, now that his mother's distress had subsided. He had felt it, the sudden stiffness in his mum, the way her body was feeling different against his and she also had felt different to him, it had scared him for a moment, disturbed him enough to wake from his slumber.

Joanna felt as if Henry was looking at her questioning, his honest blue eyes calling for her to tell him everything to confine in him, he had his father's eyes after all, but Joanna just leaned down and pressed a kiss against his brow, which caused the baby to scrunch up his nose just the way Joanna did, causing her to smile a honest a bright smile. The Austrian did not think of that expression as adorable when she did it herself, no matter what Max said, but with Henry, she wasn't sure if she had ever seen something more heartwarming. The fact that he was so at ease with her nearly made her emotional.
There was a quiet knock on the door of Max's driver's room, causing Joanna to reach over her shoulder for the soft and thin fabric to drape over her shoulder so her chest wasn't exposed that much anymore, and Henry was hidden a bit more as well, making sure he could finish nursing in peace and without any disturbance.

"Yes?" She called out, in a normal tone, hoping the person on the other side of the door would hear her without having to raise her voice any more, Henry was already not happy with the sudden dimmed light as his mother made sure to drape the fabric over her shoulder.

For a moment nothing happened, which gave Joanna the time to hope that it wasn't the army of girls from Marketing, who all fussed over Henry, which was nice for a while but a bit too much as it was going on since Max had returned from his run with Henry and the girls saw the newborn.

The door opened slowly and not particular far, before Max slipped through the not even half open door and closed it behind himself again, a soft smile on his lips as he walked over to where Joanna was sitting on the couch and upon seeing Max, removing the fabric from her shoulder.

"I wasn't sure if he would be asleep." Max explained as he sat down next to Joanna, facing her with one of his legs underneath him, his race suite pooling at his waist.

"We're just nursing." She told him, her gaze wandering from Henry to Max before she smiled softly at him. "Practise was okay?" The Austrian wondered, earning herself a nod, before Max moved to sit properly next to Joanna, his arm coming up to rest around her shoulder while she leaned into his side.

Henry wasn't the only one who needed the close proximity to feel settled and content. Max had been a bit on edge in the car, the sudden worry of what would happen should he get hurt or worse overly present in his mind, but he was fast to shake it. Max could fully trust in his talent and abilities, he knew that, but it was still a nice feeling to know that he could simply return to his driver's room where his little family was waiting for him.