SEQUEL - Chapter 37

Hello there. Guess who has a very important exam coming up (actually 4 in 2 days) and decided to write rather than study? Yeah, me. I'm stupid. But I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to do something else. Anyways. Wish me luck I will need it. I also decided to fuck grammar on this, I'm not checking anything before publishing this. I just don't want to it takes so terribly long. So if you find any embarrassing mistakes, just pretend to not see them, have mercy I'm at the end. So, enjoy reading I would say. Let me know what you think ... yeah I think that was all I wanted to say so. Cheers! 

<><><>

"You've got a lot of nerve showing up here when she's here too," Max said leaning against the handrail of the stairs at the bottom of the grand hall where Joanna's car collection was located. The moment his gaze met the one of Charles, the Dutchman spoke not happy to see the other man at all.

"Don't worry I guess you were distracting her just fine. Sexy Yoga pants by the way." Charles told Max as he stepped up to the Dutchman who gave a displeased snort. These were normal running shorts, nothing special but Charles wanted to say something, anything.

"Want me to hit you in the face, Leclerc?" Max asked unamused which caused Charles to snort.

"Bring it one." The Monegasque replied. "I'm not afraid of you, even if you play the big bad wolf." He added but before they could get anywhere near each other Joanna's unamused voice stopped them.

"How about no?" The Austrian said while moving through the space between Charles and Max towards the door which caused the two of them to share a brief look before following Joanna.

The Dutchman was leaning in the door while Joanna and Charles said their goodbye a few steps down in front of the car which would bring Charles to the airport.

"Be anything they need you to be or be none of it. You don't own this world a thing... you never did. You only own yourself." The Austrian whispered into his ear while she hugged him tightly, which caused Charles to smile sadly at her, as they let go of each other, before he glanced at Max shortly.

"I will let you know when I have it." He muttered, before lifting the file a bit to make sure she understood, earning himself another thank you from the Austrian before he got into the car and drove off.

"Sooo, wanna tell me what the French douchebag was doing here?" Max asked still leaning against the door frame as Joanna came back up the stairs. His expression was hard and unpleased, his arms crossed over his chest which caused Joanna to roll her eyes as she was about to just brush past him.

"Shouldn't you entertain our guest?" Joanna questioned instead of answering which caused Max to reach out and get a hold of her wrist before she could walk past him. Gently to not hurt her but strong enough to make her understand that he didn't apricate her current behaviour.

"What's going on? I won't allow you to sidestep me anymore. At first, I thought it to be a mood swing due to the pregnancy, so I let you be, but that's not it, so tell me. I don't like this silence between us." Max said pulling Joanna a bit closer which she didn't refuse.

"The truth?" She questioned and as Max nodded Joanna took a deep breath.

I have no sympathy. She sits here feeling sorry for herself while she hurts my friends. This is my home that I have opened for her but all she does is complain about it and make comments about how spoiled I am. This is our home, and she doesn't respect that at all.

She was about to speak but then thought again.

The truth was that Pia was an ignorant little child, who had no idea of the real world, but Joanna wouldn't blame her for it. She would not blame her for not knowing how to survive in their world, she would not blame her for the behaviour which was caused by a broken heart. The Italian might annoy her and cause unpleasant situations Joanna had to solve but that was not a reason to be cruel to her.