SEQUEL - Chapter 50

So, hello there. I know you all waited very long for this update and here it is. I hope you like it. I'm not very motivated to write this story at the moment or anything at all, to be honest, as a few of you might have already noticed. I will see how it's going from now on, just don't expect updates soon. I'm not abandoning the book though. It's just going to be very slow updates. Fuck Grammar as always. Tell me what you think and see you soon. Maybe next month if I can get rid of the writer's block. It's nothing big this chapter, but it's long so yeah, hope you like it. Cheers!

<><><>

"What is that face for?" Max asked as he re-entered the room after checking on Henry, which caused Joanna, who had been in thoughts to move over to look at him, her chin no longer resting on her fist as she was sitting right by the armrest of the couch, only to raise an eyebrow at the Dutchman.

"The look on your face." Max changed his wording, which caused Joanna to shake her head for a moment, her eyes on the Dutchman. Considering what to tell him for a moment.

"I'm just thinking." She said matter-of-factly to her soon-to-be husband, who raised an eyebrow in return this time, before sitting down right next to her, their legs touching as he leaned over and gently kissed her check, causing Joanna to close one of her eyes and make a displeased sound, causing the Dutchman to press another wet kiss to her cheek.

"You are scheming." Max told her, reading her like a book, before kissing behind her ear which caused her to squeal before she tried to move away. The Austrian was swiftly on her feet to get away, but the Dutchman was the one planning all of this. His hand had closed around her wrist before she could get far at all and he had moved to sit in her place, before letting his legs fall open and pulling her to sit in between.

"If you know what that look on my face means, why are you asking?" Joanna shot back, pretending to be annoyed by her fiancé's full attention just on her. Sneaking his arm around her middle, Max pulled Joanna against his chest, looking over her shoulder to read the look on her face.

"You are rarely scheming when you are not worried about something, so what worries you?" He was gentle nosing the side of her face, softly stroking over the side of her cheekbone.

"Every time I think I understand things to an extent ... but when I got back into the real world I feel 14 again." Joanna told him uneasily, her hands coming up to rest on his arm, which lay snuggly around her middle.

"Most of the time, I have no idea what to do. I just do something and hope for the best." The Austrian added in a whisper.

"I don't even know where to start." Joanna admitted softly, which caused Max to stop stroking over her cheekbone for a moment, to move his head so he would be able to look at her more properly.

"Let's start with what we know." Max told her before nodding to himself, as if he had to tell himself that this was a good idea, that it was a decent starting point.

"The Piquet family wants my head and I think, for the first time in my life, I don't know if I have the energy to fight back." The first part was spoken so easily, as if she was reading something out from a magazine to Max, something about a new car some factory build, but the longer she spoke, the more meaningful her words grew, the more changed her voice into something quiet but clear, laced with worry. Max had heard that in her voice plenty of times already, it was still uncomfortable to hear each and every time.

"You're not alone in this. I will always be right by your side. Fight with you against whatever we're facing. We just have to take a step back and look at it from a different perspective." Max was resurging her, holding her in his arms and giving her all the support his could give. Tried his best to make her feel at ease.